CFUW International Fellowships
Each year, CFUW provides a range of post-graduate awards and fellowships to women through its Charitable Trust Fund. The CFUW Fellowships and Awards Program is an affirmative action program as provided for in the Constitution of Canada and eligibility is restricted to women.
CFUW’s Fellowship and Award winners have produced work in a variety of academic areas, including international humanitarian efforts, feminist and gender analysis, advanced science , medicine, social justice and human rights for women and girls.
CFUW Aboriginal Women’s Award (Awa)
Value Range : $10,000—$25,000
An applicant for the CFUW AWA will be considered eligible on the basis of the following criteria:
- Canadian Aboriginal woman;
- Studying in Canada;
- Holds or will hold an undergraduate university degree or equivalent before the CFUW AWA for which she applied is granted; and
- Must have applied to be a full-time student in any year of an eligible program at a recognized or accredited Canadian postsecondary degree granting institution.
CFUW Eligible Programs
Eligible programs are the academic programs for which a CFUW AWA Applicant ( or Renewal Applicant ) may be studying. They include :
- Programs leading to a first degree in law – Bachelor of Laws ( LLB ); Juris Doctor ( JD ).
- Programs leading to the following first degrees in medicine – Medical Doctor ( MD ); Doctor of Optometry ( OD ).
- Programs leading to qualifying for a licence to practice as a Nurse Practitioner in the province or territory of the graduate’s choice.
- Programs leading to a Master’s degree in fields dealing with important Canadian aboriginal issues at the time the AWA is given as defined by the most recent Canadian report by the United Nations Special Rapporteur on the rights of indigenous peoples
Application Deadline : 1st December, 2017
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.