Canadian Government Fellowships 2012
Government of Canada funded Postdoctoral Research Fellowships for the applicants of Mexico in Canada ( 2012 ).
Eligibility for Canadian Government Fellowships 2012 :
- Applicants must be citizens of Mexico.
- Applicants who have obtained Canadian citizenship or applied for permanent residency in Canada are ineligible.
- Applicants must have completed all requirements for a Doctoral degree no more than three years before the Government of Canada Scholarships application deadline.
- Completion refers to the date on which all requirements of the degree have been met including successful defence.
- Consideration may be given to extend this period for applicants who have withdrawn from active research for maternity purposes ( and )
- Applicants must be invited to a Postdoctoral position at a recognized public, Canadian Universities, affiliated research institute or college with a strong research mandate.
- Priority will be given to candidates who have not previously received a Canadian Government Scholarship to study in Canada.
Government of Canada Scholarship for International Students :
- Yes ( Mexico ), Government of Canada Postdoctoral Research Scholarship is available for International Students.
Canadian Government Scholarship Description :
- Total value of the Government of Canada Postdoctoral Research Fellowship is $36,500 CAD and it is taxable in Canada.
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada ( DFAIT ) classifies these funds as a research grant but it is the responsibility of Government of Canada Postdoctoral Research Fellows to submit an income tax return to the Canada Revenue Agency who will make an assessment according to individual circumstances.
- As no dependent allowance is payable, it is essential that Government of Canada Postdoctoral Research Fellows who plan to bring their family to Canada have sufficient financial resources for their support.
- Duration : Government of Canada Postdoctoral Research Fellowship is for 12 months and is not renewable.
Government of Canada Scholarship Application Form 2012 :
- Government of Canada Postdoctoral Research Scholarship should be applied by Online.
Canadian Government Scholarship Application Deadline 2012 :
- A new competition is expected to be announced in September ( 2012 ).