Fellowship in IASSID is recognition by peers in the International Association for the Scientific Study of Intellectual Disabilities of outstanding contributions in the field of intellectual disabilities and represents the highest class of individual membership.
This recognition comes at varying points of a member’s career and outstanding activities are as diverse as contributions to our greater knowledge of intellectual disabilities through a course of research, public service, teaching or education, practice and significant participation in the Association.
Fellowship is granted upon nomination by members or peers. All Fellows accepted for IASSID Fellowship are confirmed by the General Assembly meeting at the quadriennel Congress.
The next General Assembly will convene on June, 2012. All nominations for consideration for 2012, must be received by the IASSID Secretary by 29 February 2012.
Fellows of IASSID are Association members who have earned distinction by their scientific or practical contribution to the field of intellectual disabilities or by their dedication to the affairs of the Association.
The title “Fellow of the International Association for the Scientific Study of Intellectual Disabilities” shall be given for the life of the recipient and may be abbreviated as F.IASSID.
A person proposed for Fellowship shall satisfy the Council of IASSID that the Nominee :
- Has worked for at least 10 years in the field of intellectual disability.
- Possess superior knowledge of his or her discipline as applied to intellectual disability.
- Have made important contributions to the understanding of intellectual disability.
- Have made an important contribution to the application of scientific knowledge to aiding people with intellectual disabilities and / or their families.
- Have made a significant contribution to the IASSID.
- A nominee shall meet at least two of the five criteria.
Nominations for Fellowship may be made to Council, where two Fellows are of the opinion the nominated person fulfils the criteria.
Nomination for Fellowship shall be signed by two Fellows. A list of IASSID Fellows can be viewed on the IASSID website iassid.org
The completed nomination form should be returned to :
The Secretary – IASSID,
Epidemiologist at Ongwanada,
Associate Professor, Department of Community Health & Epidemiology,
191 Portsmouth Avenue,
Kingston, Ontario, CANADA, K7M 8A6,
Telephone : 613-548-4417 ext. 1198,
Fax : 613-548-8135.
Application Closing Date : 29 February 2012
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.