ICCS Canadian Studies Postdoctoral Fellowships
To enable young Canadian and foreign academics who have completed a doctoral thesis on a topic primarily related to Canada and are not employed in a full-time, university teaching position to visit a Canadian or foreign university with a Canadian Studies program for a teaching or research fellowship.
Length of stay :
The length of the stay will be of a minimum of one month and maximum of three months.
Amount of grant :
The grant will be $2,500 per month plus the cost of a return airline ticket for a maximum of $10,000 CAN.
Terms and conditions :
Interested individuals must take the necessary steps with the Canadian or foreign universities in question. They must obtain a formal commitment from such universities concerning the services and teaching and / or research opportunities which would be available to them. The ICCS and / or a Canadian Studies Association can assist applicants in their efforts.
Applicants must agree not to accept honoraria or salary during the period of their fellowship.
Application dossier :
The application dossier must include :
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae.
- A copy of the doctoral thesis.
- A full description of the project proposed by the applicant during his / her fellowship. A candidate applying for a research fellowship must include a budget detailing travel expenses, material, photocopies, etc. A candidate applying for a teaching fellowship must also include a course outline (2 pages maximum).
- An official letter from the host university indicating its support of the young researcher (availability of research tools, library, archives, computer, office, accommodation, teaching load and other responsibilities).
- In the event the applicant’s host is a senior researcher, a letter from said researcher outlining the research project and the work to be assigned to the young researcher during the fellowship.
- Two letters of reference from university professors knowledgeable with the candidate’s studies.
Application files must be submitted to the ICCS with a recommendation from the national Canadian Studies Association before November 24th. A decision will be made prior to March 1st each year by a committee of academics reporting to the ICCS.
Applicants seeking the endorsement of the Association for Canadian Studies in Australia and New Zealand should forward their applications by September 30 to :
President, Association for Canadian Studies in Australia and New Zealand,
Canadian High Commission,
Canberra ACT 2600 AUSTRALIA.
Selected candidates are required to make all the necessary arrangements to carry out their project, including travel arrangements, passports and visas, accommodation, travel within the country and insurance (life, medical, etc.).
Requests for information and submissions should be addressed to :
Canadian Studies Postdoctoral Fellowships,
International Council for Canadian Studies,
250 City Centre, Suite 303,
Ottawa ON K1R 6K7 CANADA,
Telephone : (613)789-7834 Ext.: 242,
E-mail : email@example.com.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.