Magnetic Resonance Imaging Research Fellowship, Canada
Magnetic Resonance Imaging Research Fellowship
This Magetic Resonance Imaging Research fellowship is undertaken within the department of Medical Imaging at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre. There is close collaboration with the Department of Medical Biophysics (Imaging Research) which is adjacent to the Medical Imaging department.
Two clinical state of the art 1.5T scanners are on the clinical site with dedicated research time available. With the Department of Medical Imaging Research a further 1.5T, 3T and animal scanner are available.
This fellowship will provide in depth exposure to a research environment with an academic interest in vascular biology and clinical interest in thrombo-embolic vasculo-ischaemic disease.
This will provide with the skills and experience to embark on an academic career with a particular interest in the application of clinically relevant novel MRI techniques.
The Magnetic Resonance Imaging Research Fellowship will provide :
In depth knowledge of cutting edge MRI techniques for the investigation of cardio-cerebro-vascular disease.
- Participation in hypothesis driven research.
- Participation in clinical trials.
- Exposure to developing MRI clinical applications
* To act as a point of reference for the day to day running of the clinical MRI scanners in conjunction with staff and other fellows within the department. This will include interviewing patients; protocolling requisitions; monitoring examinations; liaison with clinical staff; image post-processing and manipulation;
Overseeing and reporting appropriate clinical and research cases;
- Participation in clinical trials as appropriate;
- Development of research protocols;
- Ethics applications;
- Abstract submission to international meetings;
- Publication in high ranking peer reviewed journals;
- Attend rounds, research meetings and provide teaching;
Become a fully active member within the vascular biology research program.
Eligibility for Magnetic Resonance Imaging Research Fellowship
Fellowship candidates must have completed an accredited Radiology training program and be :
Certified by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada in Diagnostic Imaging or
- American Board of Radiology certified / eligible or
- Certified with equivalent qualifications and
- Proficient in both written and spoken English.
Application Deadline : 1st September