The Department of Diagnostic Radiology Fellowship Program
The Department of Diagnostic Radiology offers one to two year fellowships in :
- Abdominal Imaging / Nov-Vascular Intervention
- Angio / Interventional Radiology 1-year
- Angio / Interventional Radiology 2-year
- Breast Imaging
- Musculoskeletal Radiology
Neuroradiology 1-year (Montreal General Hospital -non accredited fellowship)
Neuroradiology 2-year (Montreal General Hospital -non accredited fellowship)
- Thoracic Imaging
- Neuro / Interventional (Montreal Neurological Hospital)
- Pediatric Diagnostic Radiology (Montreal Children’s Hospital)
- Neuroradiology (Royal College accredited) via NRMP Match
These fellowships are sponsored by the MUHC Radiology Associates with a stipend of $ 55,000 per annum. Funding for Neuro / Interventional fellowship sponsored by the MNH Radiologists. Pediatric fellowship sponsored by MCH Radiologists.
Application Process for The Department of Diagnostic Radiology Fellowship Program
Please note that the information below is meant to serve as a guide only, and that only information contained on the McGill PGME Admissions web site and Minerva document checklists is considered to be accurate and binding. (http://www.medicine.mcgill.ca/postgrad/admission.htm).
Please note that for the Fellowship application and interview we do not require candidates to complete the on-line McGill during this process.
Eligibility for The Department of Diagnostic Radiology Fellowship Program
Fellowship candidates must have completed an accredited Radiology training program and be :
- Certified by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada in Diagnostic Imaging or
- American Board of Radiology certified / eligible or
- ECFMG or USMLE (Steps I & 2) or MCCQE I & II or the MCCEE or Certified with equivalent qualifications.
- A physician who holds a valid specialty certificate, and who obtains a letter from the Dean of their Medical School attesting support for the additional fellowship training may be exempt from the above exams. Eligibility is limited to 3 years maximum, renewable yearly.
Proof of these qualifications must be provided by all applicants.
Curriculum Vitae & Candidate’s Letter
Include an up to date copy of your curriculum vitae with your application as well as a letter of intent(personal statement).
Please have each of three referees send letters of reference directly to :
Dr. Caroline Reinhold,
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Rm C5 118,
Montreal General Hospital,
1650 Cedar Avenue,
Montreal, QC H3G 1A4,
Telephone : (514) 934-8084,
Fax : (514) 934-8263,
E-mail : c/o email@example.com.
- Reference letters for the Royal College Neuroradiology Fellowship and Pediatric Fellowship Programs should be addressed to the respective Program Directors.
- Mailing address is the same as above.
An application is not complete until three letters of reference have been received under separate cover by the Department of Radiology, Administrative Office.
Letters of reference can be sent by e-mail or fax by the referees. Please ensure that your referees send signed originals letters to our office.
Note : it is the applicant’s responsibly to ensure that all reference letters are received by the Department of Radiology administrative office.
Referees will not be contacted by the Department for the purpose of requesting these letters.
Deadlines for The Department of Diagnostic Radiology Fellowship Program :
Deadline for receipt of applications is September 30 (18 to 20 months prior to commencement date)i.e. deadline for July 2012 start date would be September 30, 2010