University of British Columbia PhD Scholarship, Canada
PhD Scholarship for Research on Creep and Corrosion Performance of YSZ Ceramic
Scholarship program for doctoral studies at the University of British Columbia
Study Subject : Engineering
Employer : UBC
Level : PhD
A 3 – year funded position for a doctoral student is available at the University of British Columbia – Okanagan campus, Canada. The position is available immediately.
The successful candidate must have the following qualifications :
- First class academic standing (above 85%)
- Knowledge of manufacture of yttria – stabilized zirconia (YSZ) ceramics via sintering
- Knowledge of ABAQUS software to predict high – temperature creep performance of YSZ
- Knowledge of corrosion behavior of YSZ at high temperatures or in supercritical water environment
The candidate will work with Master’s level students and develop a constitutive model to predict the creep performance of YSZ ceramics exposed to supercritical water conditions.
Interested candidates should prepare a PDF submission and include :
- Official transcript (Undergraduate and Graduate)
- Proof of English proficiency
- Curriculum Vitae
- A copy of 1 or 2 research publications
- A 1 – page letter of interest (Student statement) explaining their suitability for the position
Please note : Only students who meet the position criteria are encouraged to apply. Qualifying students will be contacted for further information.
Please submit your documents to :
Prof. Lukas Bichler
School of Engineering
UBC – Okanagan
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Scholarship Application Deadline : Contact Employer
For further scholarship information and application visit : http://www.ubc.ca/
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.