University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowships 2013
The University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowships ( UMGF ) are offered to the International Students to pursue Master’s and PhD degree at the University. Students in all fields of study of graduate studies are eligible to apply for UMGF. The fellowships awards $16,000 for PhD students and $12,000 for Masters students for the period of twelve months.
Study Subject (s) : The students can pursue their studies in all fields (courses)of study.
Course Level : The scholarship is available to pursue master’s degree and PhD at University of Manitoba.
Scholarship Provider : University of Manitoba.
Scholarship can be taken at : Canada.
University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowships Eligibility 2013 :
- Academic standing : Students with a minimum GPA of 3.75 (above B+) at a recognized university based on a Bachelor, Masters, Graduate Diploma or a Doctoral degree. Please use admissions criteria in calculating GPA, i.e., last 60 credit hours or equivalent.
- Citizenship : All students regardless of citizenship are eligible to apply. Canadian citizens and permanent residents are encouraged to apply to CIHR, NSERC and SSHRC scholarships, if there are eligible for funding from these research councils. Tricouncil eligible students who do not apply for a tricouncil award may be considered ineligible for a UMGF.
University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowships for International Students :
- International students can apply for the scholarship. Tricouncil eligible students who do not apply for a tricouncil award may be considered ineligible for a UMGF.
University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowships Description 2013 :
- Beginning with the 2009/2010 academic year the UMGF will be further devolved to the Unit level. A unit is typically a Department but in the case of non-departmentalized faculties ( e.g., Kinesology and Recreation Management, Law, Music, Pharmacy, and Social Work ) can refer to a faculty, or even a program ( e.g., Applied Health, Disability Studies Peace and Conflict Studies ).
- UMGFs are being further devolved to the Unit level to increase the flexibility to whom and when these scholarships are awarded. The UMGF is used to determine the recipients of the listed supplemental awards, which are meant to be held with the UMGF.
- The same process is used to upgrade new Master’s UMGF recipients to the Manitoba Graduate Scholarship for Master’s students.
- These supplemental award offers and MGS upgrades will occur in July of each year. Only students who have received an offer as of July will be included in the supplemental offers and upgrades. Awards which are paid on a biweekly basis, such as the UMGF, MGS or Tricouncil awards, are NOT automatically applied to your tuition. You are responsible for paying your own tuition.
University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowships Application Form 2013 :
- Applications are to be submitted by post.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.