Vascular / Interventional Radiology Fellowships
The Vascular and Interventional Radiology ( VIR ) Fellowship in the Department of Vascular and Interventional Radiology ( DVIR ), Singapore General Hospital ( SGH ), is a hands-on clinical fellowship ( 12 months preferred ) which provides the full range of vascular and non-vascular interventional procedural as well as clinical experience. There is also exposure to vascular imaging and research.
The spectrum of VIR procedures performed include :
- Venous access ( PICC, tunneled and non tunneled central catheters, ports )
- Image guided biopsies ( including transjugular liver biopsy ) and drainages
- Dialysis access / central venous angioplasty, stenting, thrombolysis
- Lower limb angioplasty / stenting ( including subintimal and infrapopliteal angioplasty, SAFARI technique ), thrombolysis and debulking procedures
- Aortic stent grafts for aneurysmal disease and dissection
- DVT thrombolysis and venous stenting
- IVC filter insertion and removal
- Embolisation for trauma, tumour, bleeding GIT, PPH, hemoptysis
- Testicular vein embolisation
- Fallopian tube recannalisation
- Uterine fibroid embolisation
- Transarterial Chemo-embolisation ( cTACE, bTACE ) and radio-embolisation ( Y90 spheres )
- Thermal ablation ( RFA; MWA ) of liver and lung tumours
- Cryoablation of renal and bone tumors
- Biliary drainages, dilatations and stenting
- Nephrostomies and ureteric stenting
- Radiological guided gastrostomy insertion, NJ tube insertion and GI stenting
- Fusion and contrast enhanced US guided procedures
Eligibility for Vascular / Interventional Radiology Fellowships
Fellowship candidates must have completed an accredited Radiology training program and be :
- Certified by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada in Diagnostic Imaging or
- American Board of Radiology certified / eligible or
- Certified with equivalent qualifications and
- Proficient in both written and spoken English.
Sponsorship from the Department of Vascular and Interventional Radiology ( DVIR ) / Division of Radiological Sciences is available.
To apply, please indicate on the fellowship application form that funding is required. Upon successful application, a stipend of S$2000 per month will be awarded.
Vascular / Interventional Radiology Fellowship Admission Criteria
- Postgraduate medical qualification in Radiology e.g. FRCR, MMed or equivalent 2 years of postgraduate training experience
- Proven competency in English ( to fulfil Singapore Medical Council’s criteria for medical registration for clinical fellowship )
Vascular / Interventional Radiology Fellowship Application
Vascular/Interventional Radiology Fellowship applications are submit through www.pgmi.com.sg
Last date for submission of application form : 31st December, 2017
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.