R C Lee Centenary Scholarship 2011
The Chinese University of Hong Kong, The R C Lee Centenary Scholarship was established by the Drs. Richard Charles and Esther Yewpick Lee Charitable Foundation to commemorate the hundredth anniversary of the birth of Richard Charles Lee in Hong Kong on the 7th March 1905, one of the foremost businessmen and philanthropists of his day.
The R C Lee Centenary Scholarships are intended to encourage very bright young men and women who are graduates of a university in Hong Kong to pursue their studies at a university of high academic standing outside Hong Kong.
The R C Lee Centenary Scholarship :
The Foundation will offer up to three scholarships each year. The duration of the award will be stated in the letter awarding the scholarship and will be set by reference to the letter from the scholar’s university offering the scholar a place at the university.
The Chinese university scholarship supports scholars’ pursuit of study at overseas universities in any countries of their own choice (except Hong Kong) at doctoral, master’s or bachelor’s level; and covers tuition fees, accommodation costs, living expenses, books, incidental expenses, return airfare, and travel allowances during vacations.
Eligibility for R C Lee Centenary Scholarship :
Candidates must :
- have gained an admission offer from their chosen university to study their chosen course at the time of award. The offer of scholarship is only conditional until the candidate shows proof of admission;
- have obtained a first class honours degree from their university in Hong Kong. Final – year undergraduate students may still apply;but they will be required to show that they have obtained a first class honours degree subsequently;
- be able to communicate effectively in English as well as the language in which their studies will be undertaken, if different; and
- be under the age of 25 years on the date when their awards commence.
Application Procedures :
1. Details of the R C Lee Centenary Scholarship and application forms can be downloaded from The R C Lee Centenary Scholarship website at http://www.rcleescholarship.com or obtained from the following address :
Scholarships and Financial Aid Section,
Office of Admissions and Financial Aid,
Room 332, Pi Ch’iu Building.
2. Completed applications together with all relevant supporting documents must be sent to the following address by registered mail by 15th October 2010 :
Mrs. Clara Lee,
c/o P O Box 3038,
General Post Office,
3. For enquiries, please contact the Scholarship Secretariat by phone at 2644-0586 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For details, please refer to The R C Lee Centenary Scholarship website at http://www.rcleescholarship.com.