2012 Undergraduate Scholarship in Taiwan
Ministry of Education, Republic of China announce Revised Taiwan Scholarship for Undergraduate Program for International Students China ( 2012 ).
Study Subject ( s ) : Any.
Course Level : Undergraduate.
Scholarship Provider : Ministry of Education, Republic of China.
Scholarship can be taken at : China.
Eligibility for Taiwan UG Scholarship 2012 :
- Applicants must be a foreign National with a High School Diploma or Post – Secondary degree ( s ), with an excellent academic record and be of good moral character.
- Applicants are ineligible if they meet the following criteria :
- Are R.O.C. Nationals or Overseas Chinese Students.
- Are already registered or have obtained student status at any University / College in Taiwan. Graduating students pursuing further studies are exempt from this rule.
- Have already studied in Taiwan for the same level of degree as the one in which they currently intend to enroll.
- Are exchange or dual / joint degree students admitted in accordance with academic co – operation agreements between local Universities / Colleges and International Universities / Colleges.
- Have been a recipient of the Taiwan Undergraduate Scholarship for over a total of five years.
- Have in the past, their Taiwan Undergraduate Scholarship or Huayu Enrichment Scholarship from the MOE revoked.
- Are recipients of any other Undergraduate Scholarship or subsidy offered by the Taiwan Government or Education Institutions in Taiwan.
- This excludes subsidies offered by Universities / Colleges to cover tuition and other fees exceeding the Taiwan Undergraduate Scholarship limit.
- Applicants should apply directly for Undergraduate admission within the deadlines specified by each University / College listed in the “Association of Taiwan Scholarship Program Schools”.
- Taiwan Scholarship applications for Undergraduate admission outside of the Universities / colleges participating in the Program are automatically disqualified and will not be returned.
Taiwan UG Scholarship Open for International Students :
- Yes ( Excluding Students from Mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau ), Taiwan Undergraduate Scholarship is available for International Students.
Taiwan Undergraduate Scholarship Description :
- In an effort to encourage outstanding International Students ( Excluding Students from Mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau ) to undertake degree studies in Taiwan so as to familiarize themselves with the academic environment in Taiwan and promote communication, understanding and friendship between Taiwan and countries around the world, the Ministry of Education ( MOE ) establishes the following guidelines for the Taiwan Scholarship Program.
- MOE awards outstanding International Students undertaking Undergraduate and Postgraduate studies in Taiwan by awarding each recipient of the Taiwan Scholarship to the following :
- Tuition and payment of academic fees, including credit fee Upon validation of tuition and above fees the MOE awards each recipient per semester up to NTD40,000.
- If the total amount of Taiwan Scholarship fees should exceed NTD40,000 the remainder of all costs shall be covered by either the recipient or the recipients college, whereas over NTD40,000 are the sole responsibility of the recipient.
- Tuition and academic fees do not include any of the following :
- Administration Fees
- Thesis Advising Fees
- Insurance Premiums
- Internet Access all of which are payable by the recipients.
- Subsistence Allowance : MOE offers each recipient undertaking Undergraduate studies a monthly Taiwan Scholarship stipend of NTD15,000 it offers each recipient undertaking Postgraduate studies a monthly stipend of NTD20,000.
Taiwan UG Scholarship Application Deadline 2012 : 28th February, 2012 ( Each Year ).