DBT – Postdoctoral Research Fellowship 2015
Study Subject ( s ) : Scholarships are being offered in Biotechnology and Life Sciences.
Course Level : This Scholarship programme is available for Postdoctoral Research Fellowships.
Scholarship Provider : DBT.
Scholarship can be taken at : India.
Eligibility for Research Fellowships :
- The applicants should hold a PhD degree in Science, Engineering or M.D. or M.S. degree in any area of medicine with research interests in Biotechnology and Life Sciences and a good academic record.
- Those who have already submitted the Ph.D. / M.D. / M.S., thesis are also eligible to apply.
- The applicants should preferably be below the age of 40 years, and 45 years in case of women candidates. Persons already employed are also eligible to apply. However, their applications should be routed through their employers.
Postdoctoral Research Scholarship Description :
- The Department of Biotechnology has introduced the aforesaid program.
- The Secretary, DBT requested Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore to co – ordinate and administer the implementation of the said program.
- The Institute is successfully getting it done through the Society for Innovation and Development.
- The program got started from December 2000 at a total project cost of 465.00 lakhs.
- The program is intended only for Indian citizens.
- The purpose of the fellowship program is to train scientists in frontier areas of research in Biotechnology at such institutions in India which are engaged in major biotechnological research activities.
- Number of Awards : Up to 75 Fellowships would be awarded every year.
- Tenure of Awards : The fellowship is awarded for a period of two years Value : Each fellow would be entitled to a stipend in the range of 22,000 – 24,000 per month and a research contingency grant of 50,000 per year, payable to the host institution. Candidates who are yet to be awarded the Ph.D. / M.D. / M.S degree, if selected, will be paid 18,000/- per month till the award of the degree.
Postdoctoral Research Selection Criteria :
- The candidates will be selected based on their C.V. and performance in the interview.
- The interview will be held at the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, in November 2015 and candidates called for interview will be paid II class railway ( non – AC ) / bus fare by the shortest route from their home town.
- If the candidate accepts the fellowship, he / she must join the host Institution / University within a month’s time.
DBT Scholarship Application Deadline : 30th September, 2015.