Novo Scholarship ProgramScholarships » Denmark »
Novo Scholarship Program
Novo Scholarship Program 2017 in Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Sciences. Novo Nordisk and Novozymes offer scholarships to support graduate training of some of the best students in biotechnology and pharmaceutical sciences, including bioinformatics, molecular biology, systems biology, translational medicine, microbiology, protein chemistry, biophysics, pharmacology, medical research methodology, pharmacy, drug delivery and biomedical devices.
The purpose is to allow selected students at universities in Denmark and Lund University to devote full time to their MSc thesis (speciale).
Eligibility for Novo Scholarship Program
Students enrolled at either a Danish university or Lund University at the time of submitting the application.
The university supervisor must be associated with the same institution. The student can, however, spend some time at an institution outside the university such as Novo Nordisk / Novozymes R&D labs or an institution abroad. Master students already performing their thesis work at Novo Nordisk / Novozymes cannot apply.
The Scholarship offer
- The Scholarship amounts to approx. DKK 75,000 for a full year and cannot be extended. Applications for shorter periods can be accepted. It is expected that the student does not take on paid work during the scholarship period.
- Recipients can apply for additional support of max DKK 6,000 during a period of up to six months after the expiration of the scholarship.
- This allowance supports participation in international meetings to present the results of the funded project.
- The scholarship can be initiated anytime between 1 February, 2017 and 1 September, 2017.
How to Apply for Novo Scholarship Program
- The research project must be of high scientific quality and must be supported by a contact person at Novo Nordisk or Novozymes.
- It is a prerequisite that the applicant identifies a contact person with research competences within the scientific area or technologies applied in the project.
- The contact person has no formal tutorial responsibilities but must agree to monitor project progress until completion.
- To help identify suitable projects, university researchers and students can contact relevant scientists or departments at Novo Nordisk or Novozymes.
- Application forms can be obtained from Charlotte C. Larso, Corporate Research Affairs (email: CteL@novonordisk.com, phone: +45 3079 6730). Please use e-mail whenever possible.
- Applications must be submitted no later than Friday, 30 October, 2017
- The application form must be submitted as a Word file. Appendices are accepted as pdf files.
- Decisions will be communicated by 22 December, 2017.
Novo Scholarship Program Application deadline
- Application Deadline Date : 30 October, 2017