PhD Scholarship in Comparative Systems Biology
PhD scholarship in Comparative Systems Biology, Center for Systems Microbiology, Denmark. A 3 – year Scholarship for graduate study leading to a PhD in engineering is available at the Center for Systems Microbiology.
Team of supervisors:
- Dr. Sergio Rossell, Dr. Christian Solem and Professor Peter Ruhdal Jensen (DTU Systems Biology).
- The project is financed by a scholarship from the Technical University of Denmark. It aims at understanding the differences in both the rates and modes of fermentation among different lactic acid bacteria (LAB).
- To this end, we will compare the flux control distribution in different LABs.
- The successful candidate will use molecular genetics to construct mutants with altered expression of glycolytic and fermentative enzymes, characterize their fermentation patterns, and calculate flux control distributions.
- The position will be filled as soon as possible, and no later than December 31st, 2017.
PhD Scholarship in Comparative Systems Biology Eligibility
- Candidates should have a master’s degree in engineering or a similar degree with an academic level equivalent to the master’s degree in engineering, as well as a good background in Molecular Biology / Microbiology, and be fluent in the English language.
Approval and Enrolment
The scholarships for the PhD degree are subject to academic approval, and the candidates will be enrolled in one of the general degree programs of DTU. For information about the general requirements for enrolment and the general planning of the scholarship studies, please see DTU Ph.D Guide.
Salary and appointment terms
The salary and appointment terms are consistent with the current rules for PhD degree students. The period of employment is 3 years.
PhD Scholarship in Comparative Systems Biology Application
- Further information may be obtained from professor Peter Ruhdal Jensen, Phone No: +45 4525 2510, or Dr. Sergio Rossell, Phone No: +45 4525 2495.
- You can read more about Center for Systems Microbiology on http://www.csm.bio.dtu.dk/.
We must have your online application by 19 October 2017. Please open the link “apply for this job online” and fill in the application form and attach your application, CV, list of publications (if you have any), documentation of a completed master’s degree, grade transcript, and names of two reference persons, who should send us their letters of recommendation under separate cover (email is OK).
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
PhD Scholarship in Comparative Systems Biology Application deadline
- Online application form – 19th October, 2017