DBT Ramalingaswami Re-Entry Fellowship 2019Scholarships »
Department of Biotechnology Ramalingaswami Re-entry Fellowship 2019
Applications are solicited from Indian Nationals working in overseas research institutions for the “Ramalingam Fellowship” a Re-entry scheme of the Department of Biotechnology ( DBT ), Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India.
Aim of the DBT Ramalingaswami Re-entry Fellowship
The scheme is conceptualized with the aim of attracting highly skilled researchers ( Indian nationals ) working overseas in various cutting edge disciplines of biotechnology ( agriculture, health sciences, bio-engineering, energy, environment, bioinformatics and other related areas ), by providing them an attractive avenue to pursue their R&D interests in Indian institutions
Who is Eligible to Apply for DBT Ramalingaswami Re Entry Fellowships Eligibility 2019 :
- The applicant should possess a Ph.D, MD, M.Tech , MVSc or equivalent degree with an outstanding track record as reflected in publications and other recognitions and with at least three years of post-doctoral research experience of which last two years should be from overseas laboratory.
- Candidates ( Indian Nationals ) working overseas are eligible to apply.
- Those who have already returned to India within one year of the closing date of the advertisement are also eligible to apply.
- Researcher’s upto 55 years of age as determined on closing date of application are eligible to apply.
Incentives of being aR amalingaswami fellow :
- This is a senior fellowship programme, and awardees are to be considered synonymous to the faculty / scientists at the level of Scientist-D. They are entitled to take up teaching / research assignments and supervising Doctoral / MS students.
- The scheme provides a consolidated monthly remuneration of [rupee] 85,000/ p.m. ( [rupee] 85,000/-. In addition, a House Rent Allowance of [rupee] 7,500/- p.m. is given to fellows. In case host institute provides accommodation to the fellow, no house rent allowance is admissible.
- Fellows will receive a research / contingency grant of [rupee] 10.00 lakhs for the 1st year; [rupee] 7.50 lakhs for the 2nd year; [rupee] 5.00 lakhs for subsequent 3 years for purchase of consumables, minor equipment, international and domestic travel, engaging manpower and other contingent expenditure to be incurred for the implementation of research proposal.
- DBT encourages host institutions to provide medical benefits, transport allowance, leave travel allowance and other benefits as per their prevailing norms as applicable to their employees of the rank equivalent to Scientist D out of their own resources / funds.
- Fellows retain an option for drawing either the fellowship or salary if they are appointed at a suitable permanent scientific position. Fellows opting for salary can continue to avail the research / contingency grant with prior approval of DBT.
- Ramalingaswami Re-entry Fellows could take up fellowship at any of the scientific institutes / universities in the country. However, application should be duly forwarded by the competent authority of the host Institute. Fellows / Awardee can change his / her host institute only once during the tenure of the fellowship.
- Awardees are eligible to apply for research grants to any of the funding agencies towards accomplishment of research proposal. However, the Co-PI has to be a permanent employee of the host institution.
Tenure of DBT Fellowship 2019 :
- Fellow can draw Fellowship for a term of five years. Fellowship is further extendable for another term on a fresh appraisal of performance of the fellow. Those who are able to secure permanent position will not be considered for 2nd term.
How to Apply for Ramalingaswami Re-Entry Fellowship 2019 :
Ramalingaswami Re-Entry Fellowship Applications may be sent as per proforma downloadable from DBT website ( www.dbtindia.nic.in ) and duly forwarded by the competent authority to the following address :
Dr. Meenakshi Munshi, Director,
Department of Biotechnology,
Block – 2, 7th Floor,
CGO Complex, Lodhi Road,
New Delhi – 110 003.
Both as hard copy as well as soft copy latest by 28th February, 2019. Soft copy to be mailed at firstname.lastname@example.org only a single file. The applications not forwarded by the host institution will not be considered.