Department of Collegiate Education – 14Scholarships »
DCE Post Matric Scholarship 2013 – 14
Department of Collegiate online applications are invited for the Post – Matric Scholarship for the academic year 2013 – 14 from students belonging to minority communities ( Muslim / Christian / Buddhists / Sikh and Parsee ) to be awarded by the Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India. Post Matric scholarships applications are to be submitted online in the Scholarship website of Department of Collegiate Education, website www.dcescholarship.kerala.gov.in. Instructions for filling up the online application can be accessed through the link Post – Matric Scholarship.
Rate of DCE Kerala Post Matric Scholarship
An amount equivalent to Admission & Course / Tuition Fee and Maintenance allowance, subjected to a maximum ceiling.
Eligibility for DCE Scholarship 2013 – 14
- Should be the First Year student.
- Plus Two / UG/ PG/ Ph.D Course of Higher Secondary School / College / Institutes / University, which is either a Government / Aided / Recognised Unaided Institution.
- 11 th Class / Technical / Vocational Course of ITI / ITC Centres affiliated to NCVT.
- Course, other than those listed under merit – cum – means post matric scholarship scheme. The names of courses listed under Merit – cum – means scholarship.
- Should have secured not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade in the previous Board / University Examination.
- Should belong to Minority Community ( Muslim / Christian / Buddhists / Sikh / Zoroastrians or Parsis )
- The Annual Family Income should not exceed ₹ 2 Lakhs.
- Should not be availing any other Scholarship or Stipen.
Other Relevant Information for DCE Scholarship 2013 – 2014
- Candidate should have a Saving Bank account in State Bank of Travancore ( SBT ) / State Bank of India ( SBI ) / Federal Bank / South Indian Bank in her / his name. The candidate should be in possession of the Bank account Number and the Branch Code. Adhaar number is mandatory to all beneficiaries under this scheme and the Adhaar number should be seeded with the Bank Account number.
- post matric Scholarships will not be given to more than two students in a family.
- In case of candidates belonging to BPL families, priority will be given to those who possess the least income.
- 30% of the post matric scholarships are earmarked for girl students. In case sufficient number of eligible girl students are not available, then the balance earmarked scholarships may be awarded to eligible boy students.
- Course fee / tuition fee will be credited to the School’s / College’ s / institution’s bank account.
- Maintenance allowance will be credited to the student’s bank account.
- post matric scholarship will be provided for the entire course. However, maintenance allowance will be given for a period not exceeding 10 months only in an academic year.
- The award will be discontinued if a student fails to secure 50% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination. post matric scholarship will not be awarded for more than the normal period of time taken to obtain certificate / degree / M. Phil degree / doctorate degree.
- post matric scholarships will be sanctioned in accordance with the criterion laid down by the Central Government.
DCE Scholarship 2013 Procedure for Applying
- Department of collegiate application can be submitted only online at www.dcescholarship.kerala.gov.in.
- Students are required to register themselves in this site before applying for this scholarship. The instructions for registration are provided in the Website www.dcescholarship.kerala.gov.in Home Page > Student Registration .
- After the completion of registration, students can LOGIN and Apply for the scholarship.
- Candidates are required to take a Printout of the Registration Form after submitting ( after SUBMIT button is clicked ) their application.
- Candidates are required to submit the Printout along with the supporting documents to the Head of their Institution.
- An officer designated by the Head of the Institution / Head of the Institution has to verify ONLINE, the data provided online by the candidate with the Registration printout and the documents submitted by the candidate.
- The candidate can edit the online data until it is verified by the verifying officer.
- The verified post matric scholarships applications are to be approved by the Head of the Institution.
To be kept in the Institution itself in case of Government / Aided Institutions. These documents are liable to be verified by the Inspection team of Scholarship wing, Directorate of Collegiate Education.
Kerala Collegiate applications send to the following address
The Special Officer for Scholarships,
Directorate of Collegiate Education,
Thiruvananthapuram – 695033 .
in case of Recognised Unaided Institutions in Kerala and in respect of students of Recognised Institutions outside Kerala.
Students studying in Institutions outside Kerala
Students studying outside Kerala also required to register online.
Instructions to Institutions outside Kerala
To enable the online registration by the student, the institution has to register in Kerala Collegiate Education website www.dcescholarship.kerala.gov.in. The institution should send their details to firstname.lastname@example.org and the registration will be done by the Department. The institution will be provided with a user id and password to login to the scholarship site. There after the institution should update further details by adding the courses and course fees etc in the site
An officer of the institution should verify the online Kerala Collegiate education application and should be approved by the Principal. Institution has to forward the online printout and supporting documents submitted by the students to the Special officer post matric scholarships.
Documents to be Enclosed along With the Registration Printout.
a. Self – attested passport size photograph pasted on the Registration printout.
b. Attested copies of Mark lists of all Examinations from Matric onwards, passed by the candidate.
c. Income declaration – affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper of ₹ 10/- for self – employed parents / guardian or income certificate from the employer for employe parents.
d. An affidavit Non – judicial stamp paper of ₹ 10/- by the student that he / she belongs to any one of the Minority communities notified by Central Government / Community certificate from the competent authority.
e. An affidavit in non judicial stamp paper of ₹ 10/- by the student regarding his / her place of residence / nativity or nativity certificate from the competent authority.
f. Nativity certificate from the competent authority.
g. Attested copy of the first page of Bank Passbook in the name of the student, showing the Account Number and Name, Code and Address of the Branch.
h. Accommodation Certificate in case of Hostellers.
i. Copy of Adhaar number / Adhaar enrollment / NPR
Important Dates for DCE Scholarship 2013
|Online Submission of the Application by students||24th August, 2013|
|Submission of Registration printout and documents to the Institution by candidates||3rd September, 2013|
|Completion of Verification and Approval by the Institution||25th September,2013|
|Registration printouts and supporting documents of approved applications to reach Special officer Scholarship |
( In case of Recognised Unaided Institutions in Kerala and in respect of students of Recognised Institutions in outside Kerala )
|3rd October, 2013|
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.