Junior Research Fellowships 2013
ICMR JRF Examination is the first step in the process of admission to the Ph.D / Research Programme through council’s support. Test for ICMR JRF fellowship are conducted at the seven centres viz. Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Guwahati and Mumbai once a year.
The JRF admission notice is published in leading English Newspapers of India usually during March / April and also on the website. The entrance examination is usually held in the first / second week of July.
ICMR holds a national level examination for determining the eligibility of Indian National candidates for the award of Junior Research Fellowships ( JRF ) through Indian Council of Medical Research.
Award of Junior Research Fellowships 2013
The award of Junior Research Fellowships to the successful eligible candidates will depend on their finding placement in a medical college / hospital / university / national laboratory / institution of higher learning and research as applicable.
- A total of 150 Junior Research Fellowships would be awarded.
- 120 Junior Research Fellowships would be awarded for work in the field of biomedical sciences with emphasis on Life Sciences.
- Thirty Junior Research Fellowships would be awarded for work with emphasis on Social sciences
Another 100 candidates would be selected for consideration for positions of JRF under various research schemes of ICMR ( subject to fulfilling the conditions for appointment under the schemes ) for the duration of that scheme.
These JRFs would also be permitted to complete Ph.D. while working in the scheme, if enrolled. The validity of result will be two years for placement in ICMR funded projects.
1. SC / ST / OBC / Physically Handicapped ( PH ) applicants will be given such special consideration as per policy guidelines.
2. Candidates qualifying for the award of JRF will receive Junior Research Fellowships from ICMR.
Junior Research Fellowships Eligibility 2013
- M.Sc. / M.A. or equivalent degree with minimum 55% marks
- for General / OBC Candidates and 50% for the SC / ST & physically handicapped candidates in the subjects mentioned under the head method of selection.
The age limit for Junior research Fellowship admission to the eligibility test is 28 years ( upper age limit relaxable upto 5 years in case of candidates belonging to SC / ST, physically handicapped ( PH ) and female candidates, 3 years in the case of OBC category.
Junior Research Fellowships Application Procedure 2013
Before applying Junior Research Fellowships, candidates are advised to go through the admission notice published in the advertisement in various Newspapers and the instructions given therein carefully.
Fill in the Junior Research Fellowships application form according to the instructions given in this prospectus and the admission notice. Incomplete applications will not be considered and no correspondence will be entertained.
Junior Research Fellowships Application Deadline
- The first annual report should be submitted after 10 months from the date of commencement of the Junior Research Fellowships
Programmes of Study
- Scholarships and Financial Aid in Schooling Details…
- Scholarships and Financial Aid in Undergraduate Details…
- Scholarships and Financial Aid in Postgraduate Details…
- Scholarships and Financial Aid in Doctoral Details.