Chinese Government Scholarships 2013
Chinese Government Scholarship 2013
Chinese Government Scholarship program ( EU Window ) is a full scholarship program provided to EU member countries by the Ministry of Education of P. R. China ( hereinafter referred to as MOE ). MOE entrusts China Scholarship Council ( hereinafter referred to as CSC ) to manage the recruitment and carry out the routine management of this scholarship program.
Chinese Government Scholarship Eligibility 2013
- This program sponsors Chinese language students, general scholars and senior scholars with the duration of one academic year.
- Chinese HEIs use Chinese as their official instruction language for the undergraduate courses,Some Chinese HEIs can conduct part of the non – degree courses for general and senior scholars in English.
- Applicants with no command of Chinese are generally required to take one years’ Chinese language course prior to the academic study. Only by passing the examinations of the language courses, can students start their academic studies.
- For those who need to take the Chinese language courses, the scholarship duration will be extended automatically for one year.
- Applicants must be citizens of EU member countries and in good health.
Values of Scholarship 2013
Exempt from registration fee, tuition fee, fee for laboratory experiment, fee for internship, and fee for basic learning materials, and accommodation fee for dormitory on campus.
Living allowance : One – off settlement subsidy after registration for new student : Fee for outpatient medical service, Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme for International Students in China.
One – off inter – city travel subsidy.
Note : Costs of the laboratory experiment or internship beyond the university’s arrangements should be self – afforded.
Fee for basic learning materials ONLY covers the necessary learning materials prescribed by the host institution, and other textbooks and materials shall be self – afforded.
Monthly allowance is granted to the students through the host institution at the following rates ( CNY Yuan per month )
- Chinese language students : CNY 1,400 Yuan
- General scholars : CNY 1,700 Yuan
- Senior scholars : CNY 2,000 Yuan
Chinese Government Scholarship students shall receive their monthly living allowance after registration. New students who register before 15th ( 15th included ) of the registration month will get the full amount of living allowance of that month, and those who register after 15th will get half amount.
Students upon graduation will get a living allowance for another 15 days after the graduation date set by the university. The allowance will be terminated from the next month after students suspend their studies, drop school or complete schooling from the university.
Chinese Government Scholarship Application Procedure 2013
- The applicants must fill in and provide the following documents truly, correctly and completely ( in duplicate ).
- Chinese Government application Form for Scholarship ( filled in Chinese or in English ) Applicants shall fill in and print the Chinese Government Scholarship application form after submitting it online.
- The CSC Online Application System for Study in China is available on website : http://laihua.csc.edu.cn.
- Applicants who have no internet access due to the limited internet service provided in their countries can request the application form from their dispatching authorities.
Highest diploma ( notarized photocopy )
Applicants shall also provide proofs of studying on application. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
Academic Transcripts ( notarized photocopy )
Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
Recommendation letters : Applicants for senior scholars must submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors.
Applicants for music studies are requested to submit a CD of the applicants’ own works. Applicants for fine arts programs must submit a CD of the applicants’ own works ( including two sketches, two color paintings and two other works ).
A study or research plan written in Chinese or English ( no less than 400 words ).
Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (the original copy should be kept by the applicant. The form printed by Chinese quarantine authority could be downloaded from website : http://www.csc.edu.cn ). The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form.
Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take medical examination as it is valid for only 6 months.
CSC will send the Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China ( JW201 ) to the candidates through the Office for Education and Culture, Mission of P. R. China to the European Union by 31st July, 2013.
Chinese Government Selection procedure 2013
Applicants may choose one academic program and three institutions as their preferences from the Chinese HEIs designated by MOE. Please check the Directory of Chinese Higher Institutions Admitting International Students under Chinese Government Scholarship Program. Only the listed Chinese HEIs in the Directory are available to the applicants for their study in China.
Chinese Government Scholarship Application Deadline 2013
Chinese Government Scholarship materials should be forwarded to CSC by 30th April, 2013 via the Office for Education and Culture, Mission of P. R. China to the European Union.
- Chinese Government Scholarship application documents will not be returned.
Contact Details :
Mr. CHEN Gong,
Boulevard dela woluwe 100,
Brussels – Belgium,
Tel : 0032 – 2 – 7729572 ext – 8318
Fax : 0032 2 – 7628259
E-mail : email@example.com
Web : http://www.chinamission.be
Programmes of Study