Canadian Commonwealth Scholarship / Fellowship Program 2012
Application Deadline : April 23, 2012
Eligible applicants : Canadian academic institutions
Notification of Results : June 2012
This scholarship is tenable between September 2012 and March 2013
The CCSP provides short-term exchange opportunities for candidates from Commonwealth countries for study or research in Canada at the master’s or doctoral level. The program is open to all disciplines including interdisciplinary programs. Studies or research in science and technology will be prioritized.
Scholarship Value and Duration
The scholarship value varies depending on the duration and level of study. The scholarship value is :
- $7,500 CAN for graduate students for a period of four months of study or research; or
- $10,000 CAN for graduate students for a period of five or six months of study or research.
Candidates must be citizens of one of the following eligible countries :
Asia-Pacific : Bangladesh, India, Kiribati, Malaysia, Maldives, Nauru, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu; or
Africa : Botswana, Cameroon, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia.
- who have obtained Canadian citizenship or who have applied for permanent residency in Canada are not eligible;
- already participating in an exchange program in Canada are not eligible;
- already enrolled in a degree or diploma program at a Canadian university or college are not eligible;
- must be enrolled full-time at a post-secondary institution in an eligible country and paying tuition fees at their home institution for the full duration of the exchange; and
- must be proficient in either English or French.
Priority will be given to candidates :
- undertaking study or research in science and technology; and
- who have not previously studied in Canada under a Canadian government scholarship.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.