Dr Manmohan Singh ScholarshipsScholarships »
University of Cambridge Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarship 2019
Dr Manmohan Singh, the Prime Minister of India, is a graduate and Honorary Fellow of St John’s College, University of Cambridge. Since 2007, the Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarships have enabled academically outstanding Indian students to undertake doctoral degrees in Science & Technology, Economics and Social Sciences from the prestigious UK seat of learning.
Study Subject ( s ) : Science & Technology, Economics and Social Sciences
Course Level : Doctoral.
Scholarship Provider : British Council.
Scholarship can be taken at : United Kingdom.
Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarships 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarship 2019 applicant should be an Indian National – currently based in India – with a valid Indian passport.
- Below 35 years of age as on 15th January, 2019.
- Not already had significant exposure to UK education or received UK government funding.
- Should hold a Master’s ( postgraduate ) degree from a reputed / recognised India university / institution with a First Class award ( UG and PG ) in the relevant subject / field.
- Evidence of leadership qualities ( to be assessed from personal statements e.g. extracurricular activities and / or evidence of having made a difference to the country / society / participation in symposia in the relevant subject, or peer reviewed publication in the area ).
- Keen to pursue and should have identified a full time Doctoral Research degree from the University of Cambridge commencing September / October 2019.
- Fluent in spoken and written English. Able to fulfil any other admission criteria laid down by the University.
Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarship 2019 Description
Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarship applications in Aerospace Engineering and Energy Studies will be of particular interest. The Dr Manmohan Singh 2019 Scholarships are fully funded to cover :
- Academic fees
- International airfare
- Monthly living expenses allowance
- UK visa
Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarship 2019 Application Procedure :
- The British Council will acknowledge receipt of Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarship applications through the emails provided on the application form.
- For this purpose, applicants are requested to provide their latest email ids. However, the British Council will not be responsible for failure of on – line delivery.
- The British Council will further contact only the short – listed candidates inviting them for interviews. Applicants are requested not to contact the British Council office directly.
- Short – listed candidates will be interviewed in New Delhi. Candidates will be expected to make their own travel and accommodation arrangements.
- Identify a suitable doctoral programme and supervisor at the University of Cambridge.
- Applicants to visit the Board of Graduate Studies ( BoGs ) website : http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/students/gradadmissions/prospec/ and make formal application to the University at the same time as to the Dr Man Mohan Singh Scholarships.
- Applicants to select St John’s College as their first choice College on their BoGs application form.
- Applicants to indicate on their BoGs form that they are applying for the Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarships, but also to complete the section applying for funding from the University.
- Apply for the Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarship on the prescribed format by 15 January 2019 and submit it to the British Council
Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarship 2019 Selection Procedure
- Candidates for Dr Manmohan Singh scholarships are selected through a process of short listing from the applications received by the British Council, followed by personal interviews, which will be held in New Delhi.
- Subsequent to the interviews the selection committee identifies the required number of candidates for the awards.
- The decision of the selection committee will be final. Selection results will be communicated within a month following the interview.
Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarship 2019 Application Deadline
Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarship 2019 Application Form Last Date : 15th January, 2019 .