DST’s Scholarship Scheme for Women Scientists and Technologists
DST’s Scholarship Women Scientists Scheme ( WOS-A ) :
The ‘Women Scientists Scheme ( WOS-A )’ of the Department of Science and Technology is aimed to provide opportunities to women scientists and technologists for pursuing research in basic or applied sciences in frontier areas of science and engineering. A special provision has been made under this Scheme to encourage those women scientists who have had breaks in their careers. It will provide a launch pad for them up to the age of 50 years to return to mainstream science and work as bench-level scientists in the field of science and technology.
Scientific Disciplines :
The scholarships have been instituted in the following subject areas :
- Physical Science;
- Chemical Science;
- Mathematical Science;
- Life sciences;
- Earth Sciences;
- Atmospheric Sciences;
- Engineering Sciences.
A project proposal should be submitted in active collaboration with an academic / R&D institution in the chosen subject area.
Support : This scheme will provide a research grant with an upper limit of 23 lakh ( For Ph.D. or equivalent ) and 20 lakh ( For M.Sc. or equivalent ) for a well – defined R & D project proposal for a period of three years. This grant will include the fellowship of the applicant and cost of small equipments, contingencies, travel, consumables etc. Institutional overhead charges will be extra.
DST’s Scholarship Eligibility
Persons already in employment need not apply.
- Women scientists, with a minimum of Post Graduate degree, equivalent to M.Sc. in Basic or Applied Sciences or B.Tech. or MBBS or other equivalent professional qualifications, are eligible for this scheme. Maximum age limit for this category is 35 years at the time of submission of the application. The amount of fellowship for such candidates will be 20,000/- PM.
- Women scientists having a Ph.D. in Basic or Applied Sciences or M.Tech. or MD / MS, DM / MCH in Medical Sciences from recognized Universities can apply up to the age of 50 years. The amount of fellowship for such candidates will be 35,000/- P.M.
- Age relaxation of 5 years would be given to candidates belonging to SC / ST / OBC and physically challenged category. Attested copies of supporting documents in this regard must be enclosed.
- Preference would be given to candidates having a break – in – career due to family reasons.
- Also, preference would be given to Ph.D. / equivalent degree candidates. M.Sc. / equivalent candidates may, however, be also considered if they have a bright academic record and demonstrable research experience in the form of publications, dissertations, patents, etc.
Last Date of DST’s Scholarship Application : The Scheme is open throughout the year. Therefore, there is no last date of application.
Department of Science & Technology Scholarship Procedure for Applying :
- Five (5) copies of neatly typed application ( In single space and on both sides of the paper ) should be submitted in the enclosed format at the address given below.
- Carefully prepared proposal should be concise focused and complete in all respects.
Address for Submission of Application and Enquiries :
Dr H.B. Singh
Officer – in – Charge,
Women Scientists Scheme ( WOS-A ),
Department of Science & Technology,
Technology Bhavan, New Mehrauli Road,
New Delhi – 110016,
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org.