Fullbright Nehru Masters Fellowships for Leadership Development 2015
The Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships are designed for outstanding Indians residing in India to pursue a master’s degree program at selected U.S. colleges and universities in the areas of Arts and Culture Management including Heritage Conservation and Museum Studies; Environmental Science / Studies; Higher Education Administration; Public Health; Urban and Regional Planning; and Women’s Studies / Gender Studies.
These fellowships are for highly motivated individuals who demonstrate leadership qualities, have completed the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree, have at least three years professional work experience, and are committed to return and contribute to their communities. The fellowships are for one to two years.
Grant Benefits :
The fellowship will provide the following benefits :
- J-1 visa support;
- Round – trip economy class air travel from fellow’s home city to the host institution in the U.S.;
- Funding for tuition and fees,* living and related costs; and
- Accident and Sickness Program for Exchanges per U.S. Government guidelines.
* USIEF funding may not cover all costs and the scholar may need to supplement grant benefits with other resources.
The Fulbright – Nehru Master’s Fellowships provide no financial support for dependents.
Fulbright Nehru Master’s Fellowships 2015 Eligibility
In addition to the General Prerequisites, the applicants should :
- Have completed an equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree from a recognized Indian university with at least 55% marks. Applicants should either possess a four-year bachelor’s degree or a completed master’s degree, if the bachelor’s degree is of less than four years’ duration;
- Have at least three years’ full-time (paid or voluntary) professional work experience relevant to your proposed field of study;
- Demonstrate experience in leadership and community service;
- Must not have another degree from a U.S. university or be enrolled in a U.S. degree program; and
- If you are employed, please follow the instructions carefully regarding employer’s endorsement. If applicable, please obtain the endorsement from the appropriate administrative authority on the FNMasters Employer’s Endorsement Form. The employer must indicate that leave will be granted for the fellowship period. You can download the FNMasters Employer’s Endorsement Form from the USIEF website.
Important Note : Business Administration and Public Administration are not eligible fields for 2016 – 2017 Fulbright Nehru Master’s Fellowships. USIEF will not fund master’s degrees in Business Administration ( MBA ), Public Administration or Public Policy ( such as MPA / MPP or MA / MS in Public Administration or Public Policy ) or dual / joint degrees such as MA / MBA or MA / MPA or MA / MPP.
Eligible Fields of Study :
Each applicant should choose one field of study that matches his / her chief area of interest. The following field descriptions are illustrative and applicants should note that individual academic host institution programs of study may differ in course offerings, subspecialities, and academic requirements.
Arts and Culture Management including Heritage Conservation and Museum Studies : The study of all aspects of art and culture management, including arts administration, heritage conservation and museum studies, management of profit and not – for – profit art institutions, among others. These fellowships are not for pursuing graduate degrees in fine or applied art and design or art history, but for the management of the arts.
Environmental Science / Studies : The study of the environment in all its complexities. Subspecialties include : environmental toxicology, natural resource management, pollution prevention, environmental law, environmental engineering and environmental policy analysis, among others.
Higher Education Administration : The study of all aspects of higher education administration including policy planning and management, student affairs, academic affairs, admissions and enrollment management, curriculum design, learning assessment, financial management, alumni and community relations, internationalization of higher education, quality assurance, use of technology in higher education, among others.
Public Health : The study of all aspects of public health including biostatistics, environmental and occupational health, epidemiology, health law, bioethics and human rights, health policy and management, public health delivery systems, international health, and reproductive, maternal and child health, among others.
Urban and Regional Planning : The study of all aspects of urban and regional planning, including infrastructure, transportation policy and planning, water and sanitation, town and rural planning, land use, housing and real estate development, and waste management, among others.
Women’s Studies / Gender Studies : The study of issues relevant to women, feminism, and gender including development, health, history, education, sexuality, law, and policy, among others.
Nehru Master’s Fellowships 2015 Timeline and Placement Process
Placement of successful candidates is done by the Institute of International Education ( IIE ), New York. Recommended applicants do not need to apply to U.S. institutions on their own. IIE / Fulbright Program will apply to four different institutions on their behalf, taking into consideration the candidates’ preferred institutions and the candidates’ competitiveness. If a recommended candidate has previously applied to U.S. institutions and has requested a deferral from the institution, the candidate must notify USIEF immediately.
How to Apply for Fulbright Nehru Master’s Fellowships 2015
Nehru Master’s Fellowships 2015 Applications must be submitted online :
- FN Masters Applicant Instructions
- FN Masters Applicant
- FN Masters Applicant Checklist
- FN Masters Employer’s Endorsement Form
Nehru Master’s Fellowships 2015 Application Due Date : 01st July, 2015