University of Heidelberg Scholarships 2013Scholarships » Germany »
University of Heidelberg Scholarships 2013
The Graduate Programme for Transcultural Studies offers 8 PhD scholarships in Transcultural Studies at University of Heidelberg in Germany. The programme covers a monthly scholarship of 1.200 Euro. The duration of scholarship is of two years with the possibility of an extension for an additional year. Students must hold M.A. or equivalent in a discipline of the humanities or social sciences with an above – average grade. Half of the scholarships are reserved for young scholars from Asia. Online applications should be sent by 15th March, 2013.
Study Subject ( s ) : The scholarship is provided in Transcultural Studies.
Course Level : This scholarship is for pursuing PhD level.
Scholarship Provider : University of Heidelberg.
Scholarship can be taken at : Germany.
Eligibility for University of Heidelberg Scholarships 2013 :
- Applicants are expected to propose a doctoral project contributing to the general research framework of the Cluster of Excellence “Asia and Europe in a Global Context : The Dynamics of Transculturality”.
- They must hold an M.A. or equivalent in a discipline of the humanities or social sciences with an above – average grade.
Scholarship Open for Students of Following Countries :
- The students of Europe and Asia can apply for this University of Heidelberg scholarship.
University of Heidelberg Scholarship Description 2013 :
- The Graduate Programme for Transcultural Studies ( GPTS ) is a central element of the Cluster of Excellence “Asia and Europe in a Global Context : The Dynamics of Transculturality”. The Cluster’s interdisciplinary research focuses on the dynamics of transcultural entanglements within and between Asia and Europe from historical as well as contemporary perspectives. It connects methods and theories from the humanities and social sciences to challenge the euro centrism and methodological nationalism still prevalent in scholarly discourses.
- The GPTS combines the European model of highly individualised doctoral studies and a system of guided courses. Supervision is provided by mentors during a term of three academic years. In the first year participants attend a number of thematically focused classes.
- The second year is intended for field research, while the third year is dedicated for the writing and presenting of the results. Each doctoral student will be assigned two mentors / advisors. Half of the scholarships are reserved for students from Asia.
University of Heidelberg Scholarships Application Form 2013 :
- Applications, including a CV, a letter of intention, a project proposal, a schedule for the dissertation, and recommendations are accepted via the Online Application System.
University of Heidelberg Scholarships Application Deadline : 15th March, 2013.