Kiel University Post Doctoral Scholarships 2013Scholarships » Germany »
Kiel University Post Doctoral Scholarships 2013
Kiel University,Graduate School Human Development in Landscapes offers Postdoctoral Positions in the field of Human Development in Landscapes, Germany 2013.
- Study Subject ( s ) : Human Development in Landscapes.
- Course Level : Postdoctoral.
- Scholarship Provider : Kiel University.
- Scholarship can be taken at : Germany.
Kiel University Post Doctoral Scholarships 2013 Eligibility
Candidates must hold a PhD or an equivalent university degree in a field relevant to the multidisciplinary theme of “Human Development in Landscapes”. The post – doctoral fellows will be selected for their scientific excellence, the strength and innovation of their research proposal, and its pertinence to the field of “Human Development in Landscapes”.
Kiel University Post Doctoral Scholarships 2013 Open for International Students
No, Kiel University Postdoctoral Scholarships are not available for International Students.
Kiel University Postdoctoral Scholarships 2013 Description
The initial contracts are for three years, renewable up to a period of five years. The salary will be at the level of TV – L 13 ( 100% ). All position holders can apply for research funds from the Graduate School. The positions are affiliated with the new Johanna – Mestorf – Academy at Kiel University. Kiel University is an equal opportunity employer and aims to increase the number of women in research and teaching. Kiel University has been certified by the Hertie Foundation as a family – friendly institution and is committed to further the compatibility of work and family life. The University supports the employment of disabled persons. Persons with disabilities will, with appropriate qualifications and aptitudes, be employed preferentially.
The post – doctoral fellows will be selected for their scientific excellence, the strength and innovation of their research proposal, and its pertinence to the field of “Human Development in Landscapes”.
- Postdoc 1 : A postdoctoral position in Cultural Theory ( Cluster 1 ) shall concentrate on identity and the environment of ancient societies, with particular emphasis on theoretical terms and concepts such as nature, environment, and landscape, as well as culture, identification, mobility, and innovation.
- Postdoc 2 : The second position shall deal with socio – cultural theory, with particular emphasis on material culture ( Cluster 1 ) as a medium, for example, for social interaction in the past and in the present. This position may also address the interface between archaeology and anthropology.
- Postdoc 3 : Development of innovative archaeobotanical proxies ( Cluster 2 ) ( e.g. phytoliths ), with a particular emphasis on the reconstruction of early economies. This position may also address questions regarding economies at a micro – scale / household – level.
- Postdoc 4 : Development of quantitative archaeological proxies ( Cluster 2 ), with particular emphasis on the reconstruction of demographic and land use patterns in ancient environments. This position may also address the interface between archaeological surveys and the reconstruction of settlement patterns.
How to Apply for Kiel University Post Doctoral Scholarships 2013
- The mode of applying for Kiel University Postdoctoral Scholarship is by post and electronically.
- Kiel University Postdoctoral Scholarships Application Deadline : 15th October, 2012.