Ilmenau Technical University PhD Scholarships 2012
llmenau Technical University PhD Scholarships 2012
Postdoctoral and PhD Research Positions in Nanotechnology at Institute of Micro – and Nanotechnology of llmenau University of Technology, Germany 2012.
- Study Subject ( s ) : Scholarship is being awarded in Nanotechnology.
- Course Level : This Scholarship program is available for Postdoctoral and PhD Research Position.
- Scholarship Provider : Technical University of llmenau.
- Scholarship can be taken at : Germany.
- Number of Awards : 1 Post – Doctoral Research Position ( Senior Researcher ) and 1 PhD Research Position.
- Tenure of Awards : The positions are initially for three years.
llmenau University PhD Scholarships 2012 Eligibility
The applicants should hold a scientific university degree ( Diploma / Masters for PhD candidates or doctoral degree for the senior researcher position ) in chemistry, physics, materials science, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or related fields. Experience in the following areas is desired: semiconductor technology, manufacturing of microsystems, microfluidics, heterogeneous integration, or self – organized assembly.
TU llmenau PhD Scholarship 2012 Open for International Students
- German students and international students can apply for this scholarship.
llmenau university of Technology PhD Scholarship 2012 Description
In Project 1, research is in close collaboration with an industrial partner in the solid state lighting industry, to develop a low – cost assembly process of LED chips on large scale substrates.
Project 2 involves research in the field of integration of semiconductor chips on stretchable substrates. Specific applications are “electronic tattoos” where electronic chips form a conformal electrically connected array on stretchable tissues and / or human skin to record biomedical data.The positions are initially for three years.
Compensation is based on the provisions of the collective agreements in the public sector ( Thüringen, TV – L, TVÜ ) and based on the applicant’s experience up to pay scale E 13. The successful candidate will be responsible for research in the field of assembly of miniaturized electronic components made of silicon and III / V semiconductors whereby the physical principle of assembly is based on novel surface tension-based self-assembly principles and transfer techniques.
The tasks involve :
- Independent scientific research in the emerging fields of
- Self – organized assembly of semiconductor devices or
- transfer – based assembly of semiconductor devices.
Technical University of llmenau PhD Scholarship 2012 Application Form
The applications are to be submitted with the reference number 86 / 2012 by regular mail to the following address. An additional electronic copy of the application is welcome :
The Technical University of Ilmenau,
Department of Human Resources,
PO Box 10 05 65,
D – 98684 Ilmenau,
Technical University of llmenau PhD Scholarship Application Deadline : till 31st November, 2012.