Global UGRAD ScholarshipsScholarships »
Global UGRAD Scholarships
The Global Undergraduate Exchange Program ( Global UGRAD ) is an official U.S. Government program sponsored by the U.S Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. Students will be placed at the most appropriate host institution based on their academic interests. Students who are not enrolled in pre-academic English may indicate a preference for a fall or spring semester placement. Pre-academic English will take place in the fall semester of 2018-2019. Students participating in pre-academic English will commence with the academic portion of the program in the spring semester. This is a non-degree program, so it is the students’ responsibility to check with their home institutions whether any credits accumulated during the Global UGRAD program will be transferred.
Students will be required to participate in a minimum of twenty hours of community service activities during the program. Students will also be required to enroll in at least two courses in their major and at least one course in a U.S. Studies field, such as U.S. history, literature, art, or government. Studentsmust remain in good academic standing throughout their study.
Global UGRAD Scholarships Eligibility
- Applicants must be Saudi citizens currently studying in Saudi Arabia ( dual U.S / Saudi citizens are considered ineligible. )
- Scholarships will be granted to students who currently are enrolled in full-time undergraduate programs only, having completed a minimum of their first semester of study. Participants must have at least one semester or an equivalent term to complete at their home institutions upon completion of the Global UGRAD Program.
- Applicants must demonstrate English proficiency with a minimum score of 500 in TOEFL PBT ( paper-based test ) or higher, or 61 or higher in the TOEFL IBT ( Internet-based test. )
- Applicants should demonstrate leadership potential through academic work, community involvement, and extracurricular activities.
- Preference will be given to those who have had little or NO experience in the U.S. or outside of their home countries.
- Applicants must be committed to return directly to their home country after the completion of the program.
- Applicants must be over 18 years of age.
Global UGRAD Scholarships Application form
Interested applicants must complete the on-line application by no later than 31st December, 2017
Application Package : A complete application package includes: the online application, copy of passport bio page, academic transcripts for years of university study ( with English translations if in Arabic ), two letters of reference ( with English translations if in Arabic ), and grade equivalence between local grading system and U.S. grading system.
Program Funding All participant costs including international and domestic travel, housing, meals, and health coverage for the duration of the program are covered by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the U.S. Department of States.
Global UGRAD Scholarships Date
- Application will close on 31st December, 2017.
Global Undergraduate Exchange Program
1015 15th Street NW, 7th Floor
Washington DC 20015
Website : www.worldlearning.org