Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education Fellowship 2019Scholarships »
HBCSE Visiting Fellowship
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (A Deemed University),
V. N. Purav Marg,
HBCSE is a National Centre of TIFR devoted to Science and Mathematics education from primary school up to undergraduate level.
The Centre is looking for competent and committed natural and social scientists, teachers and communicators holding a PhD degree to contribute to its programs, in the following areas :
- Research in Science, Technology and Mathematics Education
- Development of Curricula, Laboratories and Materials
- Teacher Orientation and Science Popularisation
- Olympiads in Science and Mathematics
NIUS : National Initiative on Undergraduate Science Applications will be received and screened throughout the year and referees with be contacted for recommendations.
Shortlisted candidates will be called for a seminar / interview at HBCSE. Selected candidates will be offered a Visiting Fellowship initially for one year, extendable by one more year. The Fellowship carries an honorarium of Rs. 21,000/- upwards p.m. plus 30% HRA and an annual contingency grant of Rs. 20,000/-.
At the end of the Fellowship outstanding candidates have a chance to be considered for absorption in the regular academic cadre of HBCSE.
The preferred age is below 35 years, relaxable for deserving candidates. Please apply enclosing your biodata and including the following specific details :
- Date of birth
- Academic record up to Master’s degree
- One-page description of PhD Work
- Awards and Scholarships
- List of publications (with a brief note on the most significant publications)
- Experience in teaching and Science popularisation
- Names of two referees
- A comment on the state of science education in the country and suggested improvements (about 250 words)
- A proposal for the R & D work that you would do at HBCSE (about 250 words)
Please send a hard copy of your application to :
Prof. J. Ramadas Dean,
Homi Bhabha Centre for Science,
V N. Purav Marg, Mankhurd,
Phone : 91-22 – 25072100,
Email : vf@ hbcse.tif r.res.in,
Website : http://www.hbcse.tifr.res.in.
More information visit : http:// www.hfacse.tifr.res.in/