Indian Council of Medical Research – ICMR International Fellowship 2016
The Indian Council of Medical Research ( ICMR ) invites applications from Indian biomedical scientists for the international fellowships for the year 2016-17.
Number of fellowships : Young scientists – 12; Senior scientists – 6.
Duration : 3 – 6 months for young scientists and 10-15 days for senior scientists.
Eligibility for ICMR International Fellowship 2016 :
- MD / PhD degree with at least three years Teaching / Research experience for Young Scientists.
- Regular position in a recognized biomedical / research / health institution in India
- Below 45 years of age for young and 57 years for senior scientists.
ICMR International Fellowship Financial Support 2016 :
- US$ 3000 per month, contingency grant of 20,000/- and return economy class air ticket ( excursion airfare ) for young scientists
- US$ 200 per day ( including US$ 75 as per diem and US$ 125 is for accommodation), contingency grant of 20,000/- and return economy class air ticket ( excursion airfare ) for senior scientists
ICMR International Fellowship Applying Procedures 2016 :
- The applicant should submit a letter of acceptance from the foreign Institute where he / she proposes to work along with a concrete plan of training / research work to be undertaken during the fellowship.
- Recommendation by the Head of the parent organization / institute is essential
- Incomplete applications will not be entertained.
- Decision of ICMR will be final.
- If selected, the fellowship is to be availed before 28th February, 2017
- Ten copies of the application should be submitted to the following address :
International Health Division ( IHD ),
Indian Council of Medical Research,
V. Ramalingaswami Bhawan,
Post Box No.4911,
New Delhi – 110029.
- Last date of receipt of applications : 31st March, 2016