Indian Institute of Technology – IIT Bombay Scholarships -14Scholarships »
IIT Bombay Scholarships 2013 – 14
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay Scholarship applications in the prescribed form along with a copy of Income Certificate issued by the Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar or the Income Tax Return ( ITR for the Financial Year 2013 – 14 ) of their parents are invited from the students of the B.Tech. / Dual Degree / 2 year M.Sc. program for the FRESH award of the following scholarships for the year 2013 – 2014.
Eligibility for IIT Bombay Scholarship 2013 – 14
- Institute Merit – cum- Means scholarship with benefit of Free tuition.
- Facilities of free Messing ( only basic menu ), a pocket allowance of ₹ 250/- P.M. and exemption from the payment of Hostel Room Rent.
- Named Scholarships
1. Merit – cum – Means Scholarship
IIT Bombay Merit Cum Means scholarships available to General / OBC ( NC ) Category candidates whose Gross Income of parents ( Father / Mother / Both ) for the previous Financial year ( i.e. 2013 – 14 ) is not more than ₹ 4,50,000/- per annum ( without any standard deduction ) are eligible to apply for fresh award of the Merit – cum – Means Scholarship.
2. Facilities of Free Messing ( SC / ST )
IIT Bombay Scholarship SC / ST students whose parental gross income does not exceed ₹ 4,50,000/- per annum can apply for free messing ( only basic menu ), & a pocket allowance of ₹ 250/- P.M. Such students are also eligible for exemption from the payment of Hostel Room Rent. All the SC / ST students of undergraduate programs mentioned above are exempted from the payment of tuition fee.
3. Named Scholarships
The Dean Alumni & Corporate Relations Office manages the named scholarship endowed by the alumni of the Institute and other well – wishers. These Scholarships are awarded based on the following IIT Bombay Scholarship eligibility criteria.
a) Merit Criterion
- For new entrants B.Tech / Dual Degree ( B.Tech + M.Tech ) / 2 year M.Sc ) their JEE ( Advanced ) – AIR or the 1st Semester Performance Index ( SPI ) will be the criterion for merit – based Named IIT Bombay Scholarship.
- In subsequent years, their academic performance, i.e., Cumulative Performance Index ( CPI ) during the preceding academic year will be the corresponding criterion.
b) Means Criterion
The parental ( Both Parents ) income is the basis for ‘ means ‘ criterion of the IIT Bombay scholarship. At present students whose parent’s annual gross income from all sources does not exceed ₹ 4,50,000/-, are eligible to apply for means – based Named Scholarships.
IIT Bombay Scholarship Application Form 2013 – 14
IIT Bombay Scholarship application forms can be downloaded from website http://www.iitb.ac.in/academic/downloadForms.Incomplete IIT Bombay Scholarship application or applications submitted after the last date, will not be entertained.
IIT Bombay Scholarship Application Deadline
IIT Bombay Scholarship Dully filled in along with requisite enclosures should be submitted in the Academic Office by 16th August, 2013.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.