Indian Institute of Technology Madras – IITM FellowshipScholarships »
Indian Institute of Technology Madras – IITM Fellowship
The IITM – Summer Fellowship Programme of two months with stipend is designed to enhance awareness and interest in high quality academic research among young Engineering, Management, Sciences and Humanities students through a goal oriented summer mini-project undertaken at the Indian Institute of Technology Madras.
IITM Fellowship Participating Departments
Participating Departments : ( Engineering Departments )
- Aerospace Engg,
- Applied Mechanics
- Bio Technology
- Chemical Engg.
- Civil Engg,
- Computer Science & Engg
- Engineeing Design
- Electrical Engg.
- Mechanical Engg.
- Metallurgical & Materials Engg.
- Ocean Engg.
Participating Departments : ( Science Departments )
Participating Departments : ( Humanities & Social Sciences )
- Humanities & Social Sciences
Participating Departments : ( Management Studies )
- Management Studies
Period of the Project : Duration of the program may commence from 16th May, 2017 to 15th July, 2017. ( Schedule may be flexible to suit student’s convenience. )
Stipend : A sum of Rs. 6000/- per month will be given as a stipend for a maximum period of 2 months.
IITM Fellowship Eligibility
Candidates pursuing Third Year of B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Sc. ( Engg ) / Integrated M.E. / M.Tech. program, First Year of ME / M.Tech. / M.Sc. / M.A, MBA with outstanding academic background in terms of high ranks in university examinations are encouraged to apply, highlighting their academic performance and achievement including papers presented at seminars, projects executed, design contests participated, score / rank in Mathematics Olympiad and any other awards/distinctions obtained. [ IIT students are not eligible to apply ].
IITM Fellowship Application Form
The Application form will be available from the official website of https://sfp.iitm.ac.in/.
How to Apply
- Create Account ( details in How to apply Online menu )
- Fill Basic Info. / HSC / UG / PG / Additional Exam. info
- You can check your data is correct. stage by stage ( Basic, Department and file upload info. you can view in this page )
- Selecting a department with three option and Project Proposal ( no choice for Physics and Humanities dept. )
- You can upload files available with you by selecting appropriate check box
- This menu will activated only all above steps are completed. This menu will create PDF format Application for you and us If not completed up to this stage your application is not valid.
Application should be submitted through online only using this site need not to send / submit the hard copy of your application to IIT Madras. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
IITM Fellowship Important Dates
- Last date for submitting application : 28th February, 2017 at 5:00 PM.