INSPIRE Scholarship for Higher Education – SHE 2013
Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research invites applications from eligible candidates for Scholarship for Higher Education ( SHE ), a component of INSPIRE. Total of 10,000 scholarships are available annually under SHE.
The INSPIRE Scholarships are limited only to the candidates who have passed Class XII in the year 2013 from various recognized Indian State and Central Boards and studying courses in natural / basic sciences at three years B.Sc., B.Sc. ( Hons ), four years B.S and five years integrated M.Sc. / M.S programs in any recognized College / University / Institutions in India.
The Scheme in its current format does not include courses in engineering, medicine, technology and other professional or technical or applied science courses.
Eligibility for INSPIRE Scholarship 2013 :
- The eligibility of candidates will be based on :
- performance in Board Examinations within the cut-off threshold ( top 1% ) for each State or Central Board Examination for the year 2013 at Class XII level and / or
- performance in any of the specified Competitive Examinations within stipulated cut off ranks and recipient of various scholarships and medals.
- The eligible candidate must be already enrolled into a valid degree level course in natural / basic sciences within the scope of INSPIRE Scholarship at any recognized College or University or Institute in India.
- Receipt of Eligibility Note or Eligibility Certificate on INSPIRE Scholarship from respective Board is not mandatory as an eligibility criteria to apply and also do not guarantee the Scholarship. Moreover, top 1% Cut-off of previous year ( 2013 ) would only be used for guidelines purpose.
INSPIRE Scholarship 2013 Selection Procedure :
- The selection will be subjected to evaluation of each application based on the above eligibility criteria including finalization of actual top 1% cut-off of Class 12 examination 2013 for each Board.
- In the case of receiving more than 10,000 eligible applications in the given year, the selection will be on the basis of Board inclusive model within the available number of Scholarships in that year.
INSPIRE Scholarship Application Form 2013 :
- Students may apply either Off-line or On-line. Application Format with all Tables is available at the website : www.inspire-dst.gov.in for information and download, in case of Off-line submissions. However, submission of On-line application would be preferred.
- To apply On-line, please visit the website : http://www.online-inspire.gov.in and follow the process as prescribed therein.
- The On-line application submissions shall commence on 6th August, 2013 and will be closed on 30th November, 2013.
- After On-line submission of application, the Applicant must obtain a print of application submitted.
- Off-line applications and the print out of the submitted On-line application along with all necessary documents must be sent to the following address by Ordinary Post only, on or before 9th December, 2013.
National Institute of Science,
Technology & Development Studies ( NISTADS ),
Dr K S Krishnan Marg,
New Delhi – 110 012.
- The envelope should mention on top “Application for INSPIRE Scholarship for 2013” program. DST-INSPIRE will not be responsible for postal delays in receiving the completed application form.
- Incomplete or wrongly filled up application or application with lack of essential documents will summarily be rejected.
Note : Please apply only after 6th August, 2013. No Applications will be accepted before 06th August, 2013. Students who have passed Class 12 examination in the previous years need not apply now.