ISM Junior Research Fellowships in India 2013
Indian School of Mines offers Junior Research Fellowships for Indian Students to Pursue PhD Program in Engineering, Science, Management, Humanities and Social Sciences majors in India 2013.
- Study Subject ( s ) : Study subjects are engineering, science, management, humanities and social sciences.
- Course Level : The scholarship is available for pursuing PhD degree.
- Scholarship Provider : Indian School of Mines.
- Scholarship can be taken at : India.
- Number of award : Number of Fellowships for ISM – JRF available during 2012 – 2013 for Phase – 2 will be about 85.
ISM JRF 2013 PhD Scholarships Eligibility
- Junior Research Fellowship is open to candidates below the age of 30 years ( 35 years for women, PC, SC, ST & OBC ) as on 18th February, 2013 who have obtained first class at the qualifying degree or equivalent grades in the relevant discipline of Science / Engineering / Management / Humanities.
- Physically Challenged ( PC ) candidates may not be considered for field related research areas / Departments. The medium of instruction and research paper publication / reporting will be only in English. Therefore, the scholars are required to possess adequate knowledge of English.
ISM JRF 2013 Open for International Students
- Students of India can apply for ISM Junior Research Fellowships.
ISM JRF 2013 PhD Scholarship Description
To provide opportunity for carrying out research, leading to PhD degree, ISM provides Junior Research Fellowship ( JRF ) to the eligible candidates qualified through national level tests.
This Scheme is currently available to the Post Graduates / Graduates in Engineering and PG / M Phil in Science, Humanities & Management for undertaking PhD research work in the disciplines of Engineering : Computer Science, Chemical, Electrical, Electronics, Environmental, Fuel, Industrial, Mechanical, Mineral, Mining, Mining Machinery, Petroleum; Science : Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Statistics, Applied Geology, Applied Geophysics, Computer Science, Environmental Science, Management and Humanities & Social Sciences : Philosophy and English.
The selected JRFs are required to register for PhD program within one month of their joining by paying the requisite tuition fees and other charges on the date of their registration, failing which the selection will stand, cancelled.
What ISM Junior Research Fellowships cover 2013
The selected candidates will get a consolidated research fellowship of 18,000/- per month for first two years of their research and 20,000/- per month for the next two years for M Tech / MPhil / MBA degree holders and 16000/- for first two years and 18000/- upto three years ( consolidated ) per month for B Tech / MSc Tech / MSc or equivalent degree holders.
Any change in fellowship will be intimated to the candidate. The contingency expenses will be allowed upto 30,000/- per annum with the prior approval from Guide & Head of the Department.
How to Apply for ISM JRF 2013 PhD Scholarship
- The mode of applying for ISM Junior Research Fellowship is by Post.
- ISM Junior Research Fellowship Application Deadline : Can submit the ISM Junior Research Fellowships application till 30th November, 2012.