The INFN Fellowship Program in Physics, Italy
The INFN Fellowship Program 2017 offers 20 ( twenty ) positions for research activity in experimental physics.
Eligible candidates are non-Italian citizens. Applicants must have a Ph.D. degree ( or an equivalent qualification ), obtained no more than eight years prior to the call deadline, i.e. on or after 15th November, 2008. This time limit may be extended in case of :
- Maternity ( 18 months per each child born before or after the Ph.D. award, up to a maximum of 4.5 years );
- Paternity ( effective time of leave taken for each child born before or after the Ph.D. award, up to a maximum of 4.5 years );
- National Service ( effective time of leave taken after the Ph.D. award );
- Long-term, i.e. over 90 days, illness ( effective time of leave taken for each incident occurred after the Ph.D. award ).
The total elapsed time since the award of the PhD should not in any case surpass twelve years and six months. The reasons for an extension of the time limit must be duly documented only in case of a successful application. Failure in providing the appropriate documentation will result in the ineligibility for the appointment.
Candidates who are preparing their doctoral thesis are eligible to apply; however they must have obtained their Ph.D. degree before taking up their appointment with INFN.
Applicants with a Ph.D. of eight years or over eight are not eligible.
The annual gross salary is € 40.000,00. Each fellowship is initially granted for one year and may be extended to a second year. Travel tickets to and from INFN sites will be reimbursed at the beginning and at the end of the fellowship; also lunch tickets will be provided for working days.
Applications, in electronic form, and reference letters must be sent to INFN no later than 15th November, 2016 ( 11:59 CEST ), through the website http://www.ac.infn.it/personale/exp_fellowships/priv/index2.php?inf=modulo
The applications should include the research topic(s) of interest, the preferred INFN site(s) – two at the most, chosen among those listed in Annex 1 – and:
- a statement of research interests;
- a curriculum vitae;
- a publication list;
- three reference letters ( specifying name, surname and e-mail of each referee ).
At the end of the selection process the candidates will be informed by e-mail about the result of their application. Successful candidates will then receive an official communication from the INFN administration offices. The appointed fellows should start their fellowships not later than 1st November, 2017; special requests to defer the starting date can be considered.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.