2014 PhD Fellowship in TWAS DBT
The Department of Biotechnology ( DBT ) of the Ministry of Science and Technology, India, and TWAS have instituted a fellowship programme for foreign scholars from developing countries who wish to pursue research towards a PhD in Biotechnology.
TWAS DBT offered PhD Fellowship for Foreign Scholars from Developing Countries to pursue Research in Biotechnology at Italy ( 2014 ).
Study Subject ( s ) : Biotechnology.
Course Level : PhD.
Scholarship Provider : DBT, TWAS.
Scholarship can be taken at : Italy.
Eligibility for DBT TWAS PhD Fellowship 2014 :
- Be a maximum age of 35 years on 31 December of the application year.
- Be nationals of a developing country ( other than India ).
- Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in India or any developed country.
- Hold a Master’s or equivalent degree in science or engineering. Be regularly employed in a developing country and hold a research assignment there.
- For SANDWICH Fellowships : Be registered PhD students in their home country and provide the “Registration and No Objection Certificate” from the HOME university ( sample is included in the application form ).
- For FULL – TIME Fellowships : Be willing to register at a university in India.
- Be accepted at a biotechnology institution in India ( see sample Acceptance Letter included in the application form ).
TWAS DBT PhD Scholarship Open for International Students :
- Yes, TWAS DBT PhD Scholarship is available for International Students.
DBT TWAS PhD Scholarship Description :
- TWAS DBT Postgraduate Fellowships are tenable at key Biotechnology Research Institutions in India for a period of up to five years.
- Applicants may be registered for a PhD degree in their home country or may enrol in a PhD Course at a host Laboratory / Institute in India.
TWAS DBT PhD Scholarship Application Form 2014 :
- Applicants should submit the Acceptance Letter from an Indian biotechnology institution to TWAS when applying or by the deadline at the latest.
- Applicants will have until the deadline to submit the Acceptance Letter to TWAS. Without preliminary acceptance, the application will not be considered for selection.
- Reference letter : Referees must send signed letters as attachments via e-mail directly to TWAS. The subject line must contain : DBT / PG / candidate’s surname. Alternatively, letters should be sent by post in sealed envelopes.
- Applications for the TWAS – DBT Postgraduate Fellowship Programme should be sent to TWAS and CICS ( by post, fax or email ).
DBT TWAS PhD Scholarship Application Deadline 2014 : 31st August, 2014 ( Each Year ).