ADB Masters Scholarships in Asian Development Bank
The Asian Development Bank / Japan Scholarship Program ( JSP ) offers about 150 postgraduate scholarships a year for studies in economics, management, science and technology, and other development – related fields at participating academic institutions.
Study Subject ( s ) : Courses offered by the University.
Course Level : Masters.
Scholarship Provider : Asian Development Bank.
Scholarship can be taken at : Japan.
The scholarship provides full tuition fees, a monthly allowance for expenses, housing, books and instructional materials, medical insurance and travel. For scholars engaged in research, a special grant may be available for thesis preparation. In special circumstances, computer literacy, preparatory language and other similar courses may be covered under the scholarship.
Eligibility for ADB Masters Scholarships
The program is open to those who have gained admission to an approved MA / PhD course at a participating academic institution. Candidates should be 35 years old or younger; in good health; with a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent; and have a superior academic record. Upon completion of their study programs, scholars are expected to return to their home country to contribute to its economic and social development.
ADB Masters Scholarship Open for following Countries
Scholarships are available to citizens of the following countries / areas
Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Cook Islands, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Fiji, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Viet Nam,
ADB Masters Scholarship Description
- Asian Development Bank Scholarship is for one year with an extension to the second year of study, as appropriate, which shall be conditional on the Masters Scholar maintaining a satisfactory level of performance as determined by GSID.
- Maximum Duration of Asian Development Bank Scholarship award is two years for Masters Program.
ADB Masters Scholarship Application Form
Applicants should indicate to the academic institution that they are applying for admission and that they would like to be considered for the ADB-JSP Scholarship. The completed institution application form and required documentation, including the ADB-JSP application sheet form, should be submitted to the academic institution. Applicants must ensure that they submit accurate and complete documentation. Failure to do so may result in an application not being processed or to an award being terminated if documentation or information provided is later determined to be false. Applicants are required to submit their latest Income tax return or certification of their annual salary / monthly salary, whichever is available. They should also submit a certification of family income ( parent’s income ).
Important to note
- No separate application to ADB is necessary.
- The duly accomplished applications form together with all copies of academic records should be sent to the institution at least six (6) months before the commencement of the intake that you wish to join.
- Only candidates who have been offered admission and endorsed by the academic institutions will be considered for the scholarships by the ADB.
- The ADB-JSP does not cover expenses for the scholar’s family; extra-curricular courses or training; additional travel during the course of the study program; additional expenses related to supplementary educational materials, field trips, or participation in workshops, seminars, or internships while at the academic institution or purchase of educational equipment such as computers.
- Completion of the application form or admission by the academic institution does not mean that you have been accepted for a scholarship; accordingly you should not take any action with respect to your current employment or otherwise, until you have been informed by the institution that you have been awarded a scholarship.
Applications for scholarships should be sent at least six months prior to the planned time that you wish to commence studies.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.