ITTO Fellowship Programme for International Students in Japan, 2014
International Tropical Timber Organization offers fellowship programme for international students in the field of tropical forestry, tropical timber industries and related disciplines. The maximum amount for fellowship is US$10, 000. ITTO Fellowships provides tuition / training / conference fees, transportation fees, daily subsistence allowance, book allowance and other allowances. For postgraduate studies, only a partial tuition fee or a small research grant can be provided. Approved Fellowships are non-transferable to other programmes or institutions.
Study Subject (s) : Fellowship programme is provided in the field of tropical forestry, tropical timber industries and related disciplines.
Course Level : Fellowship programme is available for participation in international / regional conferences, short-term training courses, training internships at industries, research and educational institutions, study tours, and lecture / demonstration tours and post-graduate studies.
Scholarship Provider : International Tropical Timber Organization
Scholarship can be taken at : Japan
ITTO Fellowship Eligibility :
- Only nationals of ITTO Member countries are eligible to apply.
- Awards are to be made to individuals not to institutions.
- Previous ITTO Fellowship awardees are not eligible to apply for another ITTO Fellowship within two years of receiving the first award and submitting to the Secretariat a final report on the activity for which the award was made.
ITTO Fellowship Open for International Students :
The students of Benin, Cameroon, Congo, Côte D’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Gabon, Ghana, Liberia, Mali, Mozambique, Togo, Cambodia, Fiji, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Colombia, Ecuador, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Mexico, Panama, Peru, Trinidad and Tobago, Albania, Australia, China, European Union, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom, Japan, New Zealand, Norway, Republic of Korea, Switzerland and United States of America can apply for this fellowship programme. ( Only nationals of ITTO member countries are eligible to apply )
ITTO Fellowship Description :
To develop human resources and enhance professional expertise in member countries in tropical forestry, tropical timber industries and related disciplines, with a view to promoting sustainable management of tropical forests, efficient utilization and processing of tropical timber, and better economic information on the international trade in tropical timber. The maximum amount for a fellowship is US$10,000. ITTO Fellowships provides tuition / training / conference fees, transportation fees, daily subsistence allowance, book allowance and other allowances. For post-graduate studies, only a partial tuition fee or a small research grant can be provided. Approved Fellowships are non-transferable to other programmes or institutions.
ITTO Fellowship Selection Criteria 2014 :
Fellowship applications will be assessed against the following selection criteria ( in no priority order ) :
- Consistency of the proposed activity with the Programme’s objective and priority areas;
- Qualifications of the applicant to undertake the proposed Fellowship activity;
- The potential of the skills and knowledge acquired or advanced under the fellowship activity to lead to wider applications and benefits nationally and internationally;
- Reasonableness of costs in relation to the proposed Fellowship activity.
Additional consideration will be given to :
- Geographical and gender balance;
- Balance among the ITTO priority areas;
- Competency in the language in which the training will be given, where applicable ( e.g. courses, conferences, study tours ).
The ITTO Fellowships are awarded mainly to nationals of developing countries. However, ITTO may award Fellowships to nationals of consumer developed countries when :
- the activities for which the awards are made are carried out in Producer Member countries and the activities tend to benefit Producer Member countries; and / or
- there is evidence of technology transfer for activities to be carried out in developed countries.
Notification : The final selection will be posted on the website in the middle of December 2013.
How to Apply for ITTO Fellowship 2014 :
Application forms and information notes are available in English, French, and Spanish. Please download the documents from the ITTO Website or request them by e-mail at fellowship-at-itto.int or by post. Please submit a completed application attaching all required documents by e-mail or by post.
ITTO Fellowship Application Deadline : The application deadline is 23rd August 2013.