Japanese Association of University Women International Fellowship, Japan
Fellowship program for women to carry out independent research or advanced study at the post – graduate level in Japan.
Study Subject : Any
Employer : JAUW
Level : Postgraduate
Japanese Association of University Women(JAUW) was founded in 1946,and in 1954 joined International Federation of University Women?IFUW? which had been established in 1919. Today some 170,000 are members of IFUW from 71 nations in the world.
According to its Constitution, the purposes of JAUW are :
- To promote higher education for women
- To improve the status of women and girls
- To promote understanding and friendship among the university women of the world, irrespective of their race, nationality, religion or political opinions
- To promote peace
Amount of International Fellowship
\500,000 to \1,000,000 per grantee. The amount granted will vary depending on duration of stay in Japan and the nature of the work. One – third of the amount will be given to the grantee upon arrival in Japan.
- Applicant must be a citizen of a country other than Japan.
- Applicant must hold an academic degree equivalent to the bachelor’s degree.
- Applicant’s proposed plan of study or research must be one that will advance your professional competence and that requires being undertaken in Japan.
- Applicant must be accepted by a Japanese institution at which you propose to undertake study / research.
Fellowship Application Deadline : For 2011 – 2012, April 20, 2011 – Postmark Deadline.
For further fellowship information and application visit : http://www.jauw.org/english/eng00.htm