Joint Japan / World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2011
Scholarships for Developing Countries.
Study Subject : Any Subject.
Employer : Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University.
Level : Graduate.
This scholarship is offered jointly by the World Bank and the Government of Japan. It is intended for mid – career professionals from World Bank member countries.
Since 2007, APU has been a Cooperating University with this scholarship, providing funding to students who wish to study in one of APU’s International Cooperation Policy (ICP) Programs.
JJ WBGSP Scholarship Eligibility
(1) Major Field of Study : The applicant must apply for one of APU’s International Cooperation Policy (ICP) Programs, however, the IMAT Program does not qualify for this scholarship.
(2) Nationality and Residence : Applicants must be nationals of countries eligible to borrow from the World Bank. Applicants who have been currently residing in an industrialized country for a period longer than one year will not be considered.
(3) Age : Applicants must be under 40 years of age as of the 1st of April 2011.
(4) Professional Experience : At least two years of work experience related to the applicant’s chosen field of study (acquired after a university degree). Priority is given to applicants currently working in the public sector.
(5) Executive Directors, their alternates, staff of the World Bank Group (the World Bank, International Finance Corporation, International Development Association, Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency, and International Center for Settlement of Investment Disputes), consultants, and relatives of the aforementioned are excluded from consideration.
Benefits of JJ WBGSP Scholarship
- Full Admission Fee;
- Full Tuition;
- A monthly subsistence allowance of 170,000 yen (*amount subject to change for 2010) to cover living expenses, including housing and books;
- Medical insurance;
- Economy class air travel between the home country and the host university at the start of the study program and one return journey following the end of the overall scholarship period.
In addition to the ticket, scholars receive a US $500 travel allowance for each trip. (The allowance for the first trip will be included with the payment of the first subsistence allowance.)
Application Deadline : 31st March 2011.
For further scholarship information and application please visit : http://www.apu.ac.jp/graduate/modules/admissions/index.php?id=50.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.