Areas of Research
Life sciences : Infectious and non-infectious diseases, bioinformatics, developmental biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, immunology, genetics, life-history evolution, circadian biology, animal behaviour, behavioural ecology, evolutionary genetics, experimental evolution, population dynamics, phylogeography, neurophysiology, behavioural neurobiology and behavioural genetics and cell biology.
Materials sciences : Nano sciences, energy and green materials.
Chemical sciences : Solid state chemistry, theoretical and computational chemistry, organic, physical and inorganic chemistry, organic and asymmetric synthesis, medicinal and bio-organic chemistry, polymer chemistry, supramolecular chemistry and chemistry of nanomaterials, renewable energy and healthcare related materials chemistry.
Physical sciences : Condensed matter theory and experiment, statistical physics, semiconductor materials physics, biophysics, nano physics, organic electronics, computational materials science, soft matter, semiconductor interfaces, heterostructures, physical metallurgy and transmission electron microscopy.
Engineering sciences : Computational fluid dynamics using mesoscopic simulation techniques, dynamics and rheology of complex microstructured fluids including suspensions, emulsions and polymer solutions, flow of granular media, Active matter, Hydrodynamic stability of Newtonian and viscoelastic fluids, high Reynolds number flows and turbulence, non-linear dynamics and chaos, vortex dynamics, heat and mass transfer, geophysical fluid dynamics, microfluidics, acoustofluidics, and microgravity science.
JNCASR Fellowships Eligibility
- Students who have secured not less than 80% in Maths and Science subjects in their 10th and 12th standard or equivalent examinations, and not less than first class in graduation and post graduation ( if applicable ).
- Students presently studying in I and II year of B.Sc., I, II & III year of B.S., I, II & III year of B.E. / B.Tech., I year of M.Sc., and I-III year of Integrated M.Sc. can apply for Life Sciences.
- Students presently studying in II & III year of B.Sc., II, III & IV year B.S., II, III & IV year of B.E / B.Tech., I year of M.Sc. and I-III year of Integrated M.Sc. can apply for Physical Sciences, Engineering Sciences and Mathematics.
- Students presently IV year of BS-MS, I year of M.Sc. and IV year of Int. M.Sc. can apply for Materials Sciences and Chemical Sciences.
JNCASR Fellowships Application Form
The students selected under this programme are placed with scientists at the Centre or elsewhere in India, for 2 continuous months with a stipend of Rs. 6000/- per month and travel support as per Centre’s norms.
Detailed information and application form can be downloaded from http://www.jncasr.ac.in/fe/srfp.php.
The filled in application form with attested documents should reach the address mentioned below :
The academic Coordinator
Fellowships and Extension Programmes
Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research
Jakkur P.o., Bangalore – 560 064.
The Last date for downloading application form from website is 30th November, 2017. The Last date for receipt of completed application form is 8th December, 2017.
Selected candidates will be intimated by 28th February, 2018 and the list will also be available in the official website.
- Please ensure that your completed application includes :
- Two confidentialreports sealed by the referee and with the referees’ signatures across the seals.
- Attested Xerox copies of relevant mark sheets etc.
- Students who have already completed this programme earlier need not apply.
- Your “area of research” on the left hand top corner of the mailing envelope.
- Mere application to this programme does not warrant selection.