UGC Maulana Azad National FellowshipScholarships »
UGC Maulana Azad National Fellowship For Minority Students 2015
University Grants Commision Maulana Azad National Fellowship is to provide integrated five year fellowships in the form of financial assistance to students from minority communities ( Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Buddhist, Parsi and Jain ), as notified by the Central Government to pursue higher studies such as M.Phil and Ph.D.
Maulana Azad Fellowship will cover all Universities / Institutions recognized by the University Grants Commission ( UGC ) under section 2 ( f ) and section 3 of the UGC Act alongwith those which are not under the purview of UGC and will be implemented by the Ministry of Minority Affairs through UGC for students belonging to the minority communities. The fellowship under Maulana Azad National Fellowship for minority students will be on the pattern of UGC Fellowships awarded to research students pursuing regular and full time M. Phil and Ph.D courses. The fellowship holders under this Fellowship will be known as Ministry of Minority Affairs scholars.
UGC Maulana Azad National Fellowship Eligibility 2015
A candidate has to fulfill the following conditions to be eligible for award of this fellowship
- He/she should belong to one of the minority communities notified under Section 2 (c) of the National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992.
- He/she must be registered for regular and full time M.Phil/Ph.D courses in University/Academic Institution by fulfilling conditions of admission of that University/Institution, subject to provisions of the Fellowship as per advertisement of UGC.
- The minority community students once considered eligible for the fellowship shall not be entitled to benefits under any other source, Central or State Government or any other body like UGC for the same study.
- Prior clearance of NET/SLET examination will not be a prerequisite for award of Maulana Azad National Fellowship for minority students for M.Phil/Ph.D.
- In order to qualify for the award of JRF/ SRF the UGC norms would be applicable at pre-M.Phil and pre-Ph.D stage, respectively, including the minimum score of 50% at post graduate level.
UGC Maulana Azad National Fellowship Duration 2015
The rate of fellowship for JRF and SRF will be at par with the UGC fellowship as amended from time to time. Presently these rates are as follows :
|1||Receipt of Applications||27th December, 2017 up to 05:00 p.m.|
|2||Display of result of Entrance Test on University website http://www.cdlu.ac.in||29th December, 2018|
|3||Date of 1st Counselling||02nd January, 2018.|
|4||Display of vacant seats on Notice Board/website||03rd January, 2018.|
|5||Date of 2nd Counselling||04th January, 2018.|
|6||Display of vacant seats on Notice portal / website||06th January, 2018.|
|7||Date of 3rd Counselling (if required)||08th January, 2018.|
|8||Starting of Classes||03rd January, 2018.|
|9||Last date of online application||06th february, 2018|
UGC Maulana Azad National Fellowship Amount 2015
|Paper - I||Mathematical Knowledge Test||100 Marks|
|Language Ability Test||100 Marks|
|Paper - II||Intelligence Test||100 Marks|
UGC Maulana Azad National Fellowship Application Procedure 2015
Last date for submission of Application form is 31st July, 2015.
The applications in the prescribed format given below may be sent to the following address :
UGC Maulana Azad National Fellowship application form can be filled through online.
Applicant will be required to upload scanned copies of the following documents while applying online :
- Domicile Certificate
- Minority Community Certificate (Affidavit on a non-judicial stamp paper of Rs.10/-). Download
- Scanned Copy of Candidate’s Recent Color Photograph And Signature
- Master Degree Marksheet
- Declaration/Certificate from Head of Department/Institution or competent authority of the University/Institute/College to the effect of forwarding of application and necessary facilities will be provided to the candidates during research of M.Phil/Ph.D. respectively.
- Physical Disability Certificate (if applicable)
Note : Candidate will not be able to submit their application unless above mentioned documents are uploaded.