Ministry of Culture Senior / Junior Fellowship
CCRT under the Ministry of Culture invites on-line applications from Indian Nationals for the award of Junior Fellowships to Outstanding Persons in the field of Culture for two consecutive years i.e. 2016-17 & 2017-18. These Fellowships are awarded for undertaking research oriented projects.
While both the academic research and performance related research are encouraged, the applicant should provide evidence of his / her capabilities in undertaking the project. It may be noted that these Fellowships are not intended for providing training, conducting workshops, seminars or documenting memoirs or writing autobiographies, fiction, etc. It is not a monthly remuneration/stipend or pension to the artistes, but a project-based award.
200 Junior Fellowships for each financial year having a value of Rs. 10000/- per month for artistes in the age group of 25- 40 years will be awarded for a maximum period of two years. Hence applications are invited for 400 Fellowships.
Ministry of Culture Senior / Junior Fellowship Eligibility
Age will be reckoned as on 1st April, 2017 for the year 2017-18.
An applicant for the Junior Fellowship should never have availed of Junior Fellowship in any of the fields earlier.
Graduation is the minimum educational qualification for applicants in the fields / areas listed in para II (b) of the Scheme ( but not for the fields / areas listed in para II (a) of the Scheme ).
Ministry of Culture Senior / Junior Fellowship Application Form
Applications will be accepted online only. Candidates are requested to read the instructions carefully before filling up the online form.
In case, where final and six monthly Project Reports are proposed to be submitted in a language other than English / Hindi, the applicants may give the 500 – words project synopsis in English / Hindi translation or send a print out of the application form along with project synopsis in the chosen language, to the following address :
CCRT, 15A, Sector-7,
Dwarka, New Delhi – 110075
Each successful application will be allotted a unique enrollment number by the system. Candidates may refer to this number in all their future correspondence with the CCRT and / or Ministry of Culture, Govt. of India.
Applicants are advised to keep a print-out of the filled in application form which they will be required to bring at the time of interview / personal talk, along with their detailed project proposal. Other documents that the candidates will have to bring at the time of interview/personal talk will be
separately notified to the shortlisted candidates.
Applicant can access his / her application by quoting his / her enrolment number or his / her name and view or print the details of the application. It may be noted that applicants will not get any further opportunity to edit the details after submitting the application form.
At the time of interview, the shortlisted applicants who are employed must also bring a NOC / Consent Letter from their employer.
If the applicants are employed in the Central / State Government Departments / Institutions / Undertaking / University, etc., they will have to take leave for a period of two years, if selected, for the grant of Fellowship. At the time of interview, they should also submit a written assurance from their Head of the Department / Institution / Undertaking / University, etc. that in case the Fellowship is sanctioned, the candidate would be granted leave for the duration of the Fellowship. The first instalment of Fellowship amount will be released on production of proof of leave sanctioned, in addition to fulfillment of other conditions as applicable.
Ministry of Culture Senior / Junior Fellowship Selection Process
Selection Procedure & Responsibilities of the Selected Fellows :
- Incomplete applications in any respect will be rejected summarily.
- An Expert-Committee comprising experts in different fields constituted by the Ministry of Culture, Government of India, will evaluate all the applicants on the basis of their applications and project proposals; and shortlist the most meritorious among them. Shortlisted candidates for Junior Fellowship will be called for an interview / personal talk by the Expert Committee which will select a maximum of 200 candidates for the award of Junior Fellowships, for each financial year in different fields / areas taken together. The total number of Junior Fellowship for the year 2016-17 & 2017-18 is 400.
- All the shortlisted candidates will be informed about the date and venue of the interview / personal talk on the email address provided by them in their application. The candidates are required to remember their e-mail, password and Project Title.
- The names of the candidates finally selected for the award of Junior Fellowship under this Scheme will be posted on the website of CCRT & Ministry of Culture after the selection process is completed and the selection is approved by the Ministry of Culture.
- The list of selected candidates will be posted on CCRT’swebsite www.ccrtindia.gov.in. & Ministry of Culture website www.indiaculture.nic.in.
- If a candidate who is awarded Fellowship is found ineligible for it at any later stage, the Fellowship so awarded to him / her will be cancelled & money released to him / her will be recovered.
- The awardees will submit six-monthly progress reports. In cases where such reports are not received on time, further releases of the Fellowship amount will be withheld.
- The selected candidates will have to undertake academic or application oriented research work on projects for which they have been awarded the Fellowship. They will complete their projects within two years and submit the same to CCRT / Ministry of Culture. Extension of time for a maximum of three months will be permissible with the approval of Ministry of Culture and without any additional financial liability to the Government.
- A mid-term review / assessment of the progress in each case will be carried out after one year and further continuance of Fellowship will depend on such review/ assessment.
- Applications for grant of Fellowships from immediate family members / blood relations of employees working in CCRT will NOT be considered, until prior approval is taken.
- In the event of any legal dispute / proceedings concerning this project / scheme takes place, the matter will be dealt within the jurisdiction of Delhi High Court only.
Ministry of Culture Senior / Junior Fellowship Important Dates
- The last date for receipt of applications online is 10th October, 2017.