MHRD Commonwealth Scholarship 2016
Ministry of Human Resource Development Department of Higher Education Online applications are invited from Indian nationals for the award of COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIPS IN UNITED KINGDOM. The study is tenable in United Kingdom from September / October 2016.
A maximum of 65 nominations are to be sent to the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in which nomination for doctorol courses will be up to 26.
Note : Candidate must apply at the website of Ministry of Human Resource Development by 8th October, 2015 ( till 3.00 PM ) as well as through CSC’s Electronic Applicaion System ( EAS ) by 19th November, 2015.
MHRD Commonwealth Scholarship 2016 Eligibility
1. The candidate age must not exceed 40 years ( as on 08.10.2015 ).
2. Minimum Qualification
- Candidate who have already been abroad for studies / training / specialization either on scholarships or on their own, for a period exceeding six months are eligible to apply if they have been in India for at least two consecutive years after returning from abroad as on 08.10.2015
- Applications of candidates who are already abroad will not be considered.
MHRD Commonwealth Scholarship 2016 Minimum Qualifications
The candidates must have completed tertiary education in English Medium.
Level of MHRD Commonwealth Scholarship 2016 Course
- TAUGHT MASTER’S COURSES ( One Year )
- DOCTORAL DEGREE OF ( Upto Three Years )
Note : Master Degree programs which are less than 1 years in duration of foreign universities are not equivalent to Master Degree in India.
The application is invited in the following subjects :
(A) Engineering and Technology :
- Electronics / Electrical
- Environmental Studies
- Remote Sensing Technology
- Communication Engineering
- Biotechnology or Biochemical Engineering
- Computer Applications / Computer Science
- Aerospace Engineering / Aeronautics
- Civil Engineering / Architechture
- Material Science
- Mining Engineering and
- Marine Engineering
(B) Science ( Pure and Applied )
- Molecular Biology
- Physics and
- Chemistry ( including Pharmaceutical / Medicinal Chemistry ).
- Agronomy & Forestry.
(D) Humanities and Social Sciences
- Management Studies
- English ( Literature / Linguistics )
- Political Science with International Relations
Minimum Qualifications :
For Master’s Degree
One should hold or able to produce the certificate of Bachelor’s Degree by October, 2016 in the subject field concerned ( indicated above ) securing 60% or above marks in Humanities and Social Science group and 65% or above marks in Engineering and Technology, Science and Agriculture Group.
For Ph.D. Degree :-
One should hold or expect to hold the certificate of Master’s Degree by October, 2016 in the concerned subject fields ( indicated above ) securing 60% or above marks in Humanities and Social Science group and 65% or above marks in the relevant subjects in Engineering and Technology, Science and Agriculture Group.
Value of MHRD Commonwealth Award 2016
Each scholarship provides :-
- Student concessionary or other approved airfare to the United Kingdom and return on expiry of the Scholarship ( the cost of journey made before final award confirmation will not normally be reimbursed nor can fares be paid for a scholar’s dependents ).
- Approved tuition and examination fees.
- Stipend ( living allowance ) at the rate of £1034 per month or £1,268 per month for those at Universities in the London Metropolitan area ( rated quoted at 2015 -2016 levels )
- Thesis grant towards the cost of preparing thesis or dissertation, where applicable.
- Warm Clothing allowance
- Study travel grant towards the cost of study related travel within the United Kingdom or overseas.
- For PhD Scholars, fieldwork grand towards the cost of fieldwork undertaken overseas ( usually the cost of one economy class return airfare to Scholar fieldwork location.
- For PhD Scholars, paid mid – term visit ( airfare ) to their home country ( unless they have claimed ( or intend to claim ) spouse and / or child allowances during their scholarship, or have received a return airfare to their home country for fieldwork ).
MHRD Commonwealth Scholarship Important Dates 2016
- Closing date of of online application in Ministry of Human Resource Development : 8th October, 2015.( till 3 PM )
- Closing date of online application through CSC’s Electronic Application System ( EAS ) : 19th November, 2015
- Announcement of name of the candidates shortlisted for Interview : First week of November, 2015 ( tentative )
- Interview of the shortlisted candidates : Between 17th November, 2015 and 8th December, 2015 ( tentative )
- Specific date ( subject wise ) will be displayed on the website in the first week of November, 2015 )