NAARM ICAR Senior Research Fellowship
ICAR Senior Research Fellowship, National Academy of Agricultural Research Management (NAARM), India
ICAR Senior Research Fellowships, National Academy of Agricultural Research Management, PhD Degree, India.
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the grant of ICAR Senior Research Fellowship (PGS) for pursuing Ph. D. degree in the field of Agriculture and allied Sciences.
- ICAR – SRF (PGS) will be awarded on the basis of merit in the All India Competitive Entrance Examination for ICAR – SRF (PGS) and admission to Ph. D. degree program at State Agricultural Universities (SAUs), Deemed Universities, viz. IARI (New Delhi) / IVRI (Izatnagar) / NDRI (Karnal) / CIFE (Mumbai) / SHIATS (Allahabad), Central Agricultural University (Imphal, Manipur), and Central Univerisities having faculty of agriculture, viz. Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Aligarh Muslim University (AMU), Viswa Bharti, and Nagaland University, herein – after referred to as the Agricultural Universities (AUs).
- The fellowship will not be available for admission in any university other than the AUs as mentioned above. ICAR – SRF (PGS) is effective from the date of registering in the Ph. D. program in any Agricultural University (SAUs, ICAR DUs, CAU or CUs having faculty of agriculture) or effective from the date ICAR – SRF (PGS) is awarded, whichever is later.
- The ICAR Senior Research Fellowship will be admissible to persons of Indian Nationality as defined in the Constitution of India or persons domiciled in India.
- The award of ICAR – SRF (PGS) can be availed within a period of one year from the date of issue of this award letter for seeking admission in Ph. D. program in the qualifying subject at any Agricultural University (AU). It will not be extended in any case.
- If already registered as full time Ph. D. Scholar, he / she should not have completed two years on the date of examination.
- Duration of ICAR – SRF (PGS) will be three years and in no case it will be extended beyond the period of three years.
- SRF will be awarded subject to verification of credentials by award administration authority, viz. the University / Institute where the candidate gets admission.
- No TA and DA will be paid to the candidates for appearing in the Examination at the Centres or for joining the University.
- For admissions, eligibility conditions of the admitting University / Institute will be applicable.
- ICAR Senior Research Fellowship would be granted only when the candidate gets eventually admitted and pursues Ph. D. degree from an Agricultural University (AU) other than the Agricultural University (AU) of completing M. Sc. / M. V. Sc. / M. E. / M. Tech. degree, except for ICAR – Deemed to be Universities.
- In case of in – service candidates, the awardee joins / has joined the University / Institute other than where he / she is working. In case of an in – service candidate, who is in receipt of full / partial leave salary from his / her parent organization, the amount of ICAR – SRF shall be limited to [rupee] 3000/- pm in addition to the research contingency as available to fresh candidates.
- The awardee joins / has joined the University / Institute where Ph. D. program consists of both course work and research.
ICAR Senior Research Fellowship Eligibility Requirements
Candidates having completed their Master’s Degree program with a minimum of 55 per cent marks or equivalent OGPA from any recognized university in India and abroad would be eligible.
For SC / ST and Physically Handicapped candidates, the minimum per cent of marks will be relaxed by 5 per cent or equivalent OGPA. The equivalence of OGPA to per cent marks, where needed, will be certified by the Registrar of the concerned University and must have to be produced by the candidates.
Candidates appearing in the final semester would also be eligible provided they complete the Postgraduate degree in all respects by the date of examination and produce the degree – completion certificate from the Registrar to this effect.
The candidates who have already joined Ph. D. and have completed more than two years as on the date of examination are not eligible to apply for Senior Research Fellowship. The above condition will also apply to in – service candidates.
It is the sole responsibility of the candidate to check his / her eligibility for admission before applying.
NAARM will not be held responsible for refusing ICAR – SRF ( PGS ) to any non – eligible candidates.
Application Deadline is on August.