National Award for Women’s Development in the field of Science & Technology , IndiaScholarships »
National Award for Women’s Development in the field of Science & Technology
Study Subject : Science and Technology
Employer : DST
Department of Science & Technology ( DST ) instituted the National Awards for Women’s Development through Application of Science & Technology. These awards have been instituted to recognize the contribution of individuals/institutions who have worked at the grassroots level for women’s development through application of science and technology ( S & T ).
Nature of the Award
This prestigious award is announced every year. It comprises of a memento, a citation and a cash prize of Rs.5.00 lakh (Five Lakhs) for Individual and Rs.15.00 lakhs for Institutional category
National Award for Women’s Development in the field of Science & Technology Eligibility
- The award is open to resident Indian citizens and institutions registered in India. Employees of Department of Science & Technology are not eligible for this award.
- The individual / institution should have a minimum experience of 10 years and outstanding contribution in research, design, development, adaptation or application of science and technology at the grassroots level for women’s development.
- Individuals / institutions that have received this award earlier are not eligible for consideration.
Persons eligible to nominate
Nomination for the Award can be made by Vice Chancellors of Universities, Directors of IITs, IISERs, NITs, R&D institutions, Heads of science based voluntary organizations, Secretaries of S & T Departments, Secretaries of State S & T Departments / Councils for S & T; earlier winners of this award.
National Award for Women’s Development in the field of Science & Technology Application Form
Nominations typed on plain paper complete with enclosures in the format should be sent to the following address on or before 30th September, 2019.
Science for Equity Empowerment and Development ( SEED )
Division, Department of Science & Technology,
Technology Bhavan, New Mehrauli Road,
New Delhi – 110 016.
A soft copy ( Times New Roman font size 12 ) of the proposal should also be mailed at firstname.lastname@example.org. The envelope should superscribed with “National Award for Women’s Development through Application of Science & Technology”.
- A Selection Committee consisting of eminent persons has been constituted by the Department of Science & Technology for this purpose.
- The Selection Committee will have the sole right to select the awardees and formulate rules governing such selection.
- If during consideration of the nominations received and/or of other eligible candidates, no one is deemed suitable for the award, it would not be given that year.
- In exceptional circumstances, if more than one individual / institution is selected for an award, the amount of award will be separately given to each.
- No correspondence will be entertained regarding the selection of the awardees or on the selection procedure.
- Recommendation other than that of the nominator will not be considered and will lead to disqualification.
- The awardees shall be intimated by post and e-mail.
- The Department of Science & Technology will have a right to modify the terms and conditions for the award as and when it deems fit.
- Documents submitted can be returned only after completion of the process including presentation ceremony of the award, if requested.
- Nominations received on earlier occasions for the award will be admissible only with fresh accomplishments subsequently.
- The awardees will be expected to deliver a talk on a subject chosen by DST at a place and venue to be intimated by the Department of Science and Technology.
- The members of the committee can also propose or nominate a candidate whom they fit worthy of this award even though his / her / its nomination has not been received.
National Award for Women’s Development in the field of Science & Technology Important Dates
- The last date for receipt of completed nominations is 30th September, 2019.