NCERT Doctoral Fellowships 2011
Study Subject : Education
Employer : The National Council of Educational Research and Training
Level : PhD
The National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) is an autonomous organization set up by the Government of India to advise and assist the Ministry of Human Resource Development at the center, and Education Departments of States / Union Territories in formulation and implementation of their policies and major programmes in the field of education, particularly for qualitative improvement of school education.
The major constituent units of the NCERT are :
- National Institute of Education (NIE), New Delhi,
- Central Institute of Educational Technology (CIET), New Delhi,
- Pandit Sunderlal Sharma Central Institute of Vocational Education (PSSCIVE), Bhopal,
- Regional Institute of Education (RIE), Ajmer,
- Regional Institute of Education, Bhopal,
- Regional Institute of Education, Bhubaneswar,
- Regional Institute of Education, Mysore, and
- North-East Regional Institute of Education (NERIE), Shillong. Among several activities, the NCERT and its constituent units undertake, aid, promote and coordinate research in areas related to school education.
The NCERT has brought out National Curriculum Framework 2005 (NCF-2005), which has enabled a fresh discourse and new ideas on education in India.
With a focus on the child, NCF-2005 stresses the need for a perspective on how children learn and environments to enable this process within larger concerns of equality and justice in a democratic society.
The document further emphasizes the understanding of curricular and pedagogic practices, and social and cultural factors that influence and mediate these processes in diverse contexts.
There is a need to develop a body of knowledge that enhances our understanding of the concerns expressed in NCF-2005. Towards this end, the NCERT intends to offer fellowships, named as NCERT Doctoral Fellowships, for conducting research at the doctoral level.
Applications are invited for the award of 10 NCERT Doctoral Fellowships in the field of education and other disciplines directly related to education. The fellowships are intended for young aspirants to pursue doctoral work in a recognized university / research institution of their choice.
Young scholars from different disciplinary perspectives will be encouraged to enter and research the field of education.
NCERT Fellowship 2011 Eligibility :
- Good Academic record with at least 55% marks at the Master’s degree level.
- Candidates should not be more than 35 years of age as on the last date of receipt of applications.
- Candidates registered for Ph.D. degree in a recognized university / or working toward their Ph.D. registration are eligible to apply.
NCERT Scholarship 2011 Application Deadline : 25 April 2011