National Environmental Sciences Fellows ProgramScholarships »
National Environmental Sciences Fellows Program 2013
The Ministry of Environment and Forests ( MoEF ) institutes a Fellowship Program known as the “National Environmental Sciences Fellows Program” for Indian scientists desirous of working at the forefront of environmental sciences, engineering and technology, with a focus on problem solving environmental research in collaboration with selected, prestigious environmental schools / institutions in India who will sign a MOU with the MoEF. The areas of research to be undertaken under this fellowship program shall be decided by the Management Committee constituted for the purpose.
National Environmental Sciences Fellows 2014 Eligibility Criteria for Selection
1. The applicant should be Indian or of Indian origin and should possess a doctorate or equivalent in any field of science / engineering / medicine / environmental sciences / environmental engineering, with outstanding track record and proven leadership qualities in the area of environmental research with experience of atleast five to eight years including the period spent while undertaking research work for Ph.D.
2. The applicant should have an appropriate background in academics and experience in R&D in the area of environment protection, conservation and sustainable development including climate change, multilateral agreements, international negotiations, and conservation of biological diversity and associated traditional knowledge, environmental bio-technology, bio-safety, genetically modified organisms or other related areas that are directly or indirectly involved in environmental sciences, engineering and technology.
3. The upper age limit is 35 years. However, in exceptional cases a relaxation upto five years may be considered by the Management Committee.
National Environmental Sciences Fellows Program 2014 Selection Procedure
1. Applications from talented scientists having proven record in any field of science / engineering / medicine / environmental sciences / environmental engineering / environmental technology will be invited through open advertisement. The applicants shall submit their applications in the prescribed proforma.
2. The applicant will attach a R&D proposal with his / her application in the R&D thrust areas identified by the Management Committee of the MoEF with emphasis on potential impact of proposed research project on solving environmental problems. The application should be as per the instructions for filling up the proforma given in the Guidelines.
3. The Management Committee headed by an eminent scientist will scrutinize the applications including the research project and select upto ten National Environmental Sciences Fellows taking into account the Guidelines and as per prescribed procedure.
4. The Committee will be approved by the Ministry of Environment & Forests and have a tenure of three years. Every selected Fellow will be attached to one of the selected environmental schools / institutions and will have a tenure ranging from 1 – 2 years depending upon the project chosen.
National Environmental Sciences 2014 Fellowship Details
Each selected Fellow will receive a total annual grant of upto ₹ 30.00 lakhs comprising
- Emolument of upto ₹ 10.00 lakhs
- Contingencies of upto ₹ 5.00 lakhs
- Research grant of upto ₹ 15.00 lakhs.
This will be pro – rated for the duration of the tenure of the particular Fellow.
This grant will be released to the host institution for being granted to the Fellow.
The Fellow may also raise additional resources from other sources such as the host Institution, grant providers, grant -in – aid Institutions etc. for the purpose of carrying out his / her research.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.