NBHM Research Scholarship 2016
Government of India,
National Board for Higher Mathematics,
Dept of Atomic Energy,
Mumbai – 400 001,
Email : email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.nbhm.dae.gov.in.
NBHM PhD Scholarship 2016
NBHM invites applications for the Scholarships for pursuing Doctoral Program ( PhD ) in Mathematics for the academic year 2016 – 2017.
The National Board for Higher Mathematics ( NBHM ) invites applications to appear for the joint screening test for (i) the grant of NBHM scholarships to students for pursuing research for a Ph.D. degree in mathematics and (ii) admissions to the Ph.D. / Integrated Ph.D. programs of certain institutions in India which include the Harish-Chandra Research Institute ( HRI ), Allahabad, the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Pune, and the Institute of Mathematical Sciences ( IMSc ), Chennai.
NBHM PhD Scholarship 2016 Eligibility
- Eligibility to receive the NBHM PhD scholarship is restricted to students who have completed their B.S /M.A /M.Sc ( or equivalent ) degree and have secured admission to a recognized PhD program on or before 1st August, 2016.
NBHM PhD Scholarship 2016 Selection Procedure
- Selection Procedure Candidates must appear for a written test which will feature questions based on topics normally covered in masters degree programs in mathematics.
- The test will be of 150 minutes duration and will involve questions with short answers. Question papers of some earlier years will be available on the NBHM website ( www.nbhm.dae.gov.in ) and on the IMSc website ( www.imsc.res.in ).
- Based on the performance in the written test, candidates will be short-listed for interview before final selection.
NBHM PhD Scholarship 2016 Test Zones
The written test will be conducted at the following centres, divided into five separate zones:
- Zone 1 : Chandigarh, Delhi, Srinagar
- Zone 2 : Allahabad, Indore, Jabalpur, Raipur
- Zone 3 : Goa, Mumbai, Pune, Vallabh Vidyanagar
- Zone 4 : Bhubaneswar, Guwahati, Kolkata, Ranchi, Shillong
- Zone 5 : Bangalore, Chennai, Cochin, Hyderabad
How to Apply for NBHM PhD Scholarship 2016
Applications should be made on plain paper in the format given at the end of this advertisement and should be sent along with a recent passport sized photograph and a self-addressed envelope affixed with a 5 /- postage stamp to the address as given below for the appropriate zone in which the candidate wishes to appear for the written test. The envelope containing the application should be superscribed NBHM Ph.D. Scholarship.
Applications should not be sent to the NBHM office. Names of two centres from the respective zone must be clearly indicated, giving the order of preference.
Addresses of zonal coordinators for sending completed applications :
Commencement of uploading / submission of Online applications First week of April, 2017
Last date for submission of Online Applications
Application Fee : Rs. 300/- ( for SC / ST / PHC) & Rs. 400/- ( for Others )
30th April, 2017
Last date for submission of Online Applications with Late fee ( Application Fee + Late Fee Rs. 500/- ) Rs. 800/- ( for SC / ST / PHC ) & Rs. 900/- ( for Others ) 7th May, 2017
Last date for submission of Online Application with Tatkal fee ( Application Fee + Tatkal Fee Rs. 1000/- ) : Rs. 1300/- ( for SC / ST / PHC ) & Rs. 1400/- ( for Others ) 12th May, 2017
Last date for submission of print out of the application in VSUPGCET office 12th May, 2017
Downloading VSU PGCET Hall Tickets from website 16th May, 2017 onwards
Tentative Schedule for the VSU PGCET Entrance Tests 23rd 24th, 25th, 26th May, 2017
Releasing of VSU PGCET Results 31st May, 2017
Schedule for Certificates Verification and exercising options for Phase I Counseling of Admission process 15th June, 2017 onwards
Last date for Cancellation of VSU PGCET Admissions 25th June, 2017
Phase II Counseling for VSU PGCET Admissions starts 27th June, 2017 onwards
Closing of VSU PGCET Admissions 15th July, 2017
Class work commences on 1st July, 2017
NBHM PhD Scholarship 2016 Important Dates
- Last date for receiving applications : 7th December, 2015
- Applicant should contact zonal coordinator if hall ticket is not received by this date : 4th January, 2016
- Applicant should contact centre-in-charge suggested by zonal coordinator if hall ticket is not received by this date : 18th January, 2016
- Date of written test : 23rd January, 2016
Scholarship for Pursuing Post Graduate Studies ( M.A. / M.Sc ) in Mathematics for the academic year 2013-14.
The National Board for Higher Mathematics ( NBHM ) invites applications for the grant of scholarships to students for pursuing studies for M.A. / M.Sc degree in Mathematics.
NBHM Scholarship for PG Studies Eligibility 2013
- Applicants must be motivated B.A. / B.Sc. first class degree holders, or students, who have appeared for B.A. / B.Sc. final year examination and expect a bachelors degree with first class, or B.Sc. ( Hons ) degree holders with at least second class, or students who have appeared for B.Sc. ( honours ) final year exam and expect a B.Sc. ( honours ) degree with at least second class.
- Students who have completed three years of an integrated M.Sc course with cumulative grades equivalent to first class are eligible to apply.
- Students with a good academic record who are already enrolled in a 2-year M.A / M.Sc Mathematics programme or in a 5 year integrated M.Sc programme, and who will be completing the course by May 2014, are also eligible to apply.
- Applicants should be below the age of 23 years as on 01st January, 2013.
- Exceptional cases, however, may be considered on merit.
- Scholarship Amount : Successful candidates will be eligible to receive a scholarship of 6000/- ( Six thousand only ) per month, during their two-year ( one-year if the student is granted the scholarship during the second year ) M.A / M.Sc programme.
- The scholarships are sanctioned for one year at a time and are renewable at the end of the year, subject to satisfactory progress.
- Students, who are selected for the award of the scholarship when in the final year of an M.A / M.Sc programme or a 5 year integrated M.Sc programme, will get the scholarship only for one year.
- To avail of the scholarship the students have to be enrolled in an appropriate institution, in India, for an M.A. / M.Sc degree in Mathematics.
- The scholarship will be paid through the institution they join.
Selection Procedure for NBHM Scholarship 2013 :
Selection will be made on the basis of a written test followed by interview of short-listed candidates.
- The written test will be held on 21st September, 2013 ( Saturday ).
- The questions will be primarily in the areas of Algebra, Analysis and Geometry.
- The test will be for two and half hours and involve questions with short answers ( please visit http://www.nbhm.dae.gov.in for question papers for some earlier years ).
National Board for Higher Mathematics Written Test Centres 2013 :
The NBHM written test will be conducted at the following centres
- Zone 1 : Chandigarh, New Delhi
- Zone 2 : Allahabad, Indore, Jabalpur
- Zone 3 : Mumbai, Goa, Pune, Vallabh Vidyanagar
- Zone 4 : Kolkata, Bhubaneswar, Guwahati, Ranchi, Shillong
- Zone 5 : Chennai, Bangalore, Cochin, Hyderabad
How to Apply for National Board for Higher Mathematics 2013 : Applications on plain paper should be made as per the format.
- They should be sent in duplicate along with a recent passport size photograph attached to each copy and a self-addressed envelope to the appropriate person for the Zone in which the candidate wishes to appear for the written test.
- The envelope containing the application should be super scribed NBHM M.A. / M.Sc Scholarships.
- Two centers where the candidate could appear for the written test must be clearly indicated giving the order of preference.
- While it is not guaranteed that a centre of a candidate’s choice will be allotted, every effort will be made to do so.
- Under exceptional circumstances, a candidate may be allotted a center from the zone, which is not from those indicated by the candidate.
- Address for Sending Completed NBHM Scholarship Applications 2013
- Zone 1 : Prof Gurumeet Kaur Bakshi, Dept of Mathematics, Punjab University, Hans Raj Gupta Hall, Chandigarh – 160 014, Email : email@example.com
- Zone 2 : Dr Kalyan Chakraborty, Harish-Chandra Research Institute, Chhatnag Road, Jhusi, Allahabad – 211 019, Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 3 : Prof Nitin Nitsure, School of Mathematics, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Homi Bhabha Road, Colaba, Mumbai – 400 005, Email : email@example.com
- Zone 4 : Prof Amites Dasgupta, Stat-Math University, Indian Statistical Institute, 203 BT Road, Kolkata – 700 018, Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 5 : Prof S Kesavan, Institute of Mathematical Sciences, CIT Campus, Taramani, Chennai – 600 113, Email : email@example.com
- The last date for the receipt of completed applications is 02nd August, 2013.
- A communication calling the applicant for the test ( hall ticket ), together with allotment of center will be sent so as to reach the candidate by 02nd September, 2013.
- In the event of an applicant not receiving a communication regarding the test by the due date, the eligible applicant shall contact the person ( zonal coordinator ), to whom the application was sent, to find out the status and the appropriate remedial measures.
- A hall ticket sent by a zonal coordinator is normally necessary to appear for the test.
- In exceptional cases, eligible candidates may be admitted to the test, at the discretion of the centre-in-charge at the appropriate centre.
- For this purpose, the applicant must contact the centre-in-charge suggested by the appropriate zonal coordinator.
- Information about test centres and persons-in-charge may be obtained from the zonal coordinator, NBHM website or by contacting NBHM office ( address at the top ).
Important Dates for NBHM Scholarships for Post Graduate Studies 2013
- Last date of receiving Application : 02nd August, 2013
- The applicant should contact the zonal coordinator, to whom the application was sent if he / she does not receive a communication about the test ( or hall ticket ) by 02nd September, 2013.
- The applicant must contact the centre suggested by the zonal coordinator if the applicant does not receive a hall ticket by 09th September, 2013.
- Date of Written Test : 21st September, 2013.