Acorn Foundation Eva Trowbridge Scholarship, New ZealandScholarships » Newzealand »
Acorn Foundation Eva Trowbridge Scholarship, New Zealand
The Acorn Foundation is a charitable trust which was formed in 2003, to connect generous people who care with causes that matter, forever.
Funds received are invested in perpetuity, and the investment income is used to support community groups and provide scholarships.
Eva Trowbridge was born in Sunderland, England and emigrated to New Zealand with her husband, Norman, in 1962. Eva did domestic cleaning at the Tauranga Hospital for 25 years. Norman was a painter for the Railways for many years and died in 1999 ( aged 81 years ).
Eva was a quiet lady who loved everything about England. She was a staunch Royalist and loved “red, white and blue”.
The Acorn Foundation Eva Trowbridge Scholarship was established to financially assist adult students ( 25 years and over ) studying at the University of Waikato Tauranga campus.Awards will be made on academic merit, financial circumstances, leadership, and contribution to the community.
Acorn Foundation Eva Trowbridge Scholarship Eligibility
To be eligible, applicants must :
- be 25 years or over;
- enrol at the University of Waikato Tauranga Campus; and,
- reside in the areas administered by Tauranga City Council or Western Bay of Plenty District Council.
Value : One scholarship will be awarded and shall have a value of $3,000
Acorn Foundation Eva Trowbridge Scholarship Application
The closing date for applications is 30 September.
Applicants should complete the official Acorn Foundation Eva Trowbridge Scholarship application form.
The following information must be included on the application:
- a personal statement summarising the applicant’s suitability for the award, focusing particularly on community contribution including leadership roles, and financial circumstances;
- a brief CV ( no longer than four A4 pages in length ); and,
- two references ( one academic and one character ).
Application Deadline : 30th September