Anne Shannon Scholarship, New Zealand
The Anne Shannon Scholarship was established in 2000 through an endowment by Dr and Mrs Shannon of Hamilton, to provide financial support to an undergraduate student studying in the field of Biological Sciences.
Applicants must be New Zealand citizens or permanent residents. Candidates must be majoring in Biological Sciences or in a specified programme including a major in Biological Sciences. They must be enrolled in no less than three papers in Biological Sciences in each year of tenure.
Anne Shannon Scholarship Eligibility
To be eligible, candidates must :
- be enrolling in their 2nd year of full-time study at the University of Waikato in the year of application
- be majoring in Biological Sciences or in a specified programme including a major in Biological Sciences.
- be enrolled in no less than three papers in Biological Sciences in the each year of tenure.
- New Zealand citizens or permanent residents.
- The Scholarship will have a value of $2,500 per annum.
- The value of the Scholarship in any one year is dependent on the funds available.
- The Scholarship will be paid as a lump sum to the successful recipient in May of each year of tenure.
Anne Shannon Scholarship Application
The closing dates for applications is 31st March and will be offered every alternate year ( i.e. 2017, 2019 )
Along with the prescribed application form, each candidate must submit :
- a letter of application ( maximum two A4 pages )
- a brief CV ( no more than two A4 pages )
Anne Shannon Scholarship Selection Criteria
- Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit.
Application Deadline : 31st March
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.