Brian Smith Memorial 499 / 599 Scholarship, New ZealandScholarships » Newzealand »
Brian Smith Memorial 499 / 599 Scholarship, New Zealand
Brian Smith Memorial Scholarship, Undergraduate Students, University of Waikato, New Zealand
The Brian Smith Memorial 499 / 599 Scholarship was established in 1999 by the Waikato Management School in memory of Professor BV Smith, Director of Undergraduate Studies from 1991 to 1998.
The purpose of the award is to enable a 499 / 599 student to undertake research in a business situation. The research conducted will be towards their 499 or 599 Report of an Investigation paper.
Brian Smith Memorial 499 / 599 Scholarship Eligibility
To be eligible, applicants must be enrolled, or intending to enrol, in their 499 or 599 Report of an Investigation in the current year in the Waikato Management School.
- Applicants who have not yet completed their final report and are enrolled at the Scholarship application closing date are still eligible to apply.
- Completion of the report is defined as the final report having been submitted to their Supervisor for review.
- Applicants who submit their final report to their Supervisor for review before the Scholarship closing date are ineligible, so should not apply.
- Each Scholarship will have a value of $1,500.
- Up to two awards will be made annually
Brian Smith Memorial 499 / 599 Scholarship Application
The closing dates for applications are 31 March and 31 August.
As part of the online application process, each applicant must :
- Complete and upload the prescribed Personal Statement form that includes ( but is not limited to) the following subheadings :
- Name of sponsor
- Outline of 499 /599 project
- Academic merit, and personal character and qualities.
- Upload a CV of no more than four pages in length
Brian Smith Memorial 499 / 599 Scholarship Selection Criteria
- The Scholarship will be offered on the basis of academic merit, and personal character and qualities.
- Academic merit will be assessed primarily on the last two years’ full-time study, or equivalent.
- Preference may be given to those applicants who have not previously been awarded a Brian Smith Memorial 499 /599 Scholarship.
Application Deadline : 31st March and 31st August